New Female Posters

minx

Are we too harsh? Any way to weed out the trolls w/o chasing off the good ones?

I immediately assumed that HBB was a troll based on her screen name and first post which sounded sort of like a personal add.

Maybe I’m too harsh? I’d like it if there were more women posting here more often. I also like to meet the occasional female climbing partner so it’d be good if they didn’t all get get chased off. I know of at least one specific case where someone quit posting here b/c no one believed that she was female and kept up the shit. She is female. She is a cool chick. I just need to be better about staying in touch. :/

I’d hate for that to happen again. This one (HBB) struck me instantly as a troll as did Darsisususus but not all of them have.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sort of a sad legacy from the Amber scam that women who show up here have to prove their gender, pass some sort of madonna/whore test, and be immediately rugged enough to endure a hazing from strangers, as well as having Raindawg post that picture within three posts. Is HoneyBeeBug real? I dunno, what does it hurt to give someone the benefit of the doubt? Dariasus turned out to be real, even if she's crazy as a mad hatter. Most of the few women who post here have had to pass some sort of gauntlet as a newbie, and not everyone can look as stunning in a Nomex suit as Archie.

Anyway, it just makes me sad to see everyone dogpile on any girl stupid enough to look for a climbing partner on this website.

You guys are actually pretty funny. I first checked out this site cuz my (then) boyfriend wanted me to check out all his TR pics so I could see what a stud he was (but then I got to know him and learned that he's not, really, though he is a good climber).

Now I check in anytime I need a good dose of juvenile male humor (and I mean that in a good way, seriously!) or to drool over some of the awesome TR photos.

maybe we should just require a complete profile of everyone who registers. height weight measurements age gender sexual preference(s) climbing resume marital/dating status, annual income, plotical position on important issues profession hopes fears dreams goals