Washington Ice, Martin/Krawarik

Cascade Alpine Guide 1-3, Beckey

Classic Climbs in the Cascades, Kearney

Oregon

Oregon High, Thomas

Climber's Guide to Smith Rocks

Trout Creek

Edited by kurthicks

Kurt, Sky Valley is Darryl Cramer, while Leavenworth is Viktor Kramer.

David Whitelaw's Rattle and Slime is a pretty comprehensive Darrington guide, available on disc. I do wish the topos were a little higher res though.

Banks Lake, while still relatively obscure, curiously requires three guides to cover all the bases: Inland NW Rock by Marty Bland, Rock Climbs of Central Washington Rock by Rick LaBelle, and Whitelaw's Weekend Rock which covers boat accessible climbs overlooked by the other tomes.

Off- Try printing out the Rattle & Slime topos individually. Those pdfs can print to 22" long. The ones embedded in the "whole guide" were shrunken down.

ZZ- I think kurt hit the nail on the head for what a local climber would want. If I had to choose a single one, I'd say Selected Climbs Volume I. You could also add David Whitelaw's "Weekend Rock" book for a good survey of rock climbs around the state's major areas.

You might also consider Smoot's book, Rock Climbing Washington, but I'd look at the list above and second the recommendation of Weekend Rock.

Weekend only goes up to 5.10, by design, but it will get you oriented all around the state (I don't think it covers anything east of Banks Lake and it doesn't include Beacon Rock). Weekend Rock is both more up-to-date and accurate than Smoot's book because David was able to actually visit all the areas presented as he was in the process of writing the book. Smoot covers more climbing areas but the "better" areas are largely served by their own local guides (for the comprehensive information) or Weekend Rock for the introduction.

In addition to those listed above, area-specific guides for places like Erie, Little Si and Exit 38, Tieton and Vantage are very helpful. For Darrington, my site will get you started: new URL. For the more in depth Darrington (Whitelaw) CD, select "about" and "resources" and send David an e-mail.

The Leavenworth guide is by Viktor Kramer.