A very difficult decision

catbirdseat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBS, I'm sorry to hear about your wife and the tough choice you're faced with. Check with the airlines and with Candlelighters on discount and/or free flights. That information might make your decision slightly easier. We've worked with them over the last year while fighting with my daughter's cancer and they've been very helpful. Also, since you're already established with a doctor and I assume continuing some sort of treatment, have you checked into government healthcare (Medicaide and/or Medicaire)? Seems you would qualify given your circumstances. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.

CBS,

I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts. I don't know that i can tell you what to do, but i can tell you that i think it is healthy and right for you to want to think and deal with what is going to happen in your far future. the hard thing here is there is no right or wrong. only right or left. the situation is sad. but you my dear must live your life the best you can. I don't think anyone here wants to judge you.

I believe with all of my heart if your wife wants to stay in the PNW near her adult children then she should. abd I feel with all all of my heart that you need to take this job. it is my unprofessional oppinion that you will feel strong and as though you are giving more to your wife and family if you are being a provider.

*hugs*

Brian,

Just noticed this thread, and I see you've made your decision to head to Cali. Given your situation, I'd have to agree with your decision, based on the comments of the likes of willstrickland's, Kurt's , WC's, Gary's, and several others.

I wish you the best of good fortune in this, no matter how it turns out. And I will keep you, your wife, and all of your family in my thoughts (since I don't pray). I do not envy your circumstance, but you will get through. Of that, I am confident.

Best of luck, Brian.

I sold the car to a local fellow who planned to use the parts from it to repair his Acura, but it runs so good that he now thinks he'll take parts of his car and fix up the one I sold him. Price was $100.

The U-Haul only had a 14 foot truck when I ordered a 10 foot one. As a consequence I have a lot of extra room. If anyone wants something shipped to California, we can come to terms. You'd have to call me before 11 pm tonight. 206-851-1385. This is my cell. Only calls related to moving, please.

Also, I have some orchid plants to give away. I'm taking a bunch to the Center for Urban Horticulture tonight at 7 pm, where the orchid society is meeting.

catbirdseat,

sorry to hear about your troubles. yes Castle Crags is pretty well snowed in now, but if you find yourself taking a pit stop in the Medford/Ashland area give me a shout and I can take you out climbing on some of our local crags which are nice this time of year as long as the suns out...like today.

cheers and good luck!

Matt

When I left the Lambone home at 9:30 am, I was still undecided about whether or not to camp another night or not.

Well, passing through Shasta, I picked up a tailwind which persisted most of the way through the San Joaquin Valley. The truck was making great time doing about 65 mph most of the way.

I decided to go for it and arrived in Laguna at 11:30 pm. I was surprised that I never got really sleepy like I do after climbs. I was well-rested. That, and I think I must have picked up some of Rob's positive vibrations.

Edited by catbirdseat

I am writing from the home of Mr. and Mrs. Lambone. Thanks Matt for offerring to put me up for the night. You have a beautiful home and thank your wife for making dinner. It was great.

Likely, my next post will be from Laguna Beach.

glad to help out Brian, and it was nice to meet you! good luck down there.

curious if you caught a glimpse of Castle Crags on your way?

Hey Brian, sorry to hear about your situation. But welcome to CA! I'm currently living in Mammoth Lakes (just north of Bishop) for the winter so if you are every up this way, drop me a line. I'll be here until early April and then again next winter (in all likelyhood). Take care and I hope you enjoy your new job. Hopefully we can hook up for some climbing adventures at some point.

Dustin