inflexible timelines

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And with state taxpayers footing the bill, one might come to the conclusion that Seattleites seem...ungrateful.

A troll? You know very well that the analysis has shown Seattle taxpayers provide way more money for the rest for the state than the other way around.

As to Gary's question, I don't think the two issues are all that comparable. The first one, withdrawal from Iraq, isn't going to happen. The second one, tearing down the viaduct, is inevitable. I'm in favor of careful planning and trying to do the right thing in both areas, though, and in that sense I'm against inflexible timelines.

As to Gary's question, I don't think the two issues are all that comparable. The first one, withdrawal from Iraq, isn't going to happen.

People should consider this when they hear presidential candidates say they will "bring our troops home".

Don't underestimate the power of the intangible element. Obama has it, he's got the mojo. I think the world will love him so much that it will turn around all the bad juju that Bushy has brought upon us and much good will be possible. That is if some dumb stooge does'nt off him first (ahemm..Bobby Kennedy?). Its been done before after all.

And with state taxpayers footing the bill, one might come to the conclusion that Seattleites seem...ungrateful.

A troll? You know very well that the analysis has shown Seattle taxpayers provide way more money for the rest for the state than the other way around.

FW sucking off the Seattle tax tit? Well, he does have a certain obsession in that department...

Given previous historical examples like the Minneapolis bridge collapse, it always seems that the rebuild happens quicker if nature does the demolition. Perhaps we'd be better off just continuing to drive on the viaduct until an earthquake removes it, freaking out, and rebuilding it in a hurry with a large infusion of federal disaster money, than trying to do it on our own and never getting anywhere.

Edited by tvashtarkatena