Skinny dippin'

nolanr

Okay, fess up, who does it? I like to whenever I get a chance (i.e. I'm just about guaranteed to not have an audience), but around these parts it's not real often. I just did the first one of the year, coming down from Del Campo in the very humble little beginnings of the SF of the Stilly. That's 4 years running where I've done it at least once. Last year's one and only was in the lower Ice Lake below Maude, and they don't call it that for nothin'. Brr! I mean never mind how hard you can climb, the real way to separate the men from the boys is to see how long you can stay in freezing ass cold water.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I luv skinny dippin! It's been awhile, last time was yang-yang lakes and white rock lakes. Tank lakes is a favorite, never have seen a soul. The joy of skinny dippin after a climb, nothing like it; next to @#!!

I'm a major advocate of any type of nakedness in the outdoors. As my tree humping picture shows, I enjoy getting intamite with the woods.

The best 'dippin i've done is in the Yosemite backcountry after long days of working/hiking. The water is cold as hell but being able to sun dry yourself and granite is so very plab.

I go skinny dipping any chance I get! The last time I did it was in the Japan Alps near Nagano. We were ice climbing and next to the tent where we camped there were the most lovely natural hot springs. Winter camping is so much more enjoyable when there are a series of pools of varying temperatures to warm up in.

If the sun is warm and I am alone or with friends on the trail I enjoy hiking in the buff. Luckily in America this is occasionally possible. rolleyes.gif

When I was hiking the appalachian trail in '98 the first day of summer was the proclaimed nude hiking day. There must have been twenty of us thru-hikers in the buff on the stretch I did that day. Pretty funny to see all these super tan arms and legs and lily white asses running around the water sources and shelters. Surprised the hell out of more than one dayhiking group as well.

Here's the next question: ever been caught? I did the big ROAD TRIP w/ several buddies in '98. We were up in Waterton Lakes NP, Alberta, in this little canyon, I was by myself and thought I was pretty secluded. So off come the shorts, I jump into this little carved out bowl type thing, almost like a hot tub except it wasn't warm. After cooling down and getting refreshed, I get out, drip dry a little, put the shorts back on, turn around, and down canyon a little ways about 30 ft. above are 2 people on a little lookout staring at me. Whoops. But it was 2 of my buddies. I started laughing so hard I fell down. Later that day those 2 plus the 4th member of our crew got caught skinny dipping, too. Bunch of weird ass Canadians, just standing around gawking at us. I guess the moral of the story is that little canyon isn't all that secluded after all. But it's one of those things, nobody knew us, never gonna see us again, so it's not that big of a deal. We were going to publish a "Skinny Dipper's Guide to Canada's National Parks," but our funding fell thru.

Nolanr, I was refering to nookie in the brush with my @#*!!. Hurray, hurray, its the 8th of May, outdoor intercouse day...I'm sure you've heard that one before. Of course, that's just to start the season. Did you get out this weekend? Glacier peak was the usual, a hell of a lot easier than my first trip 8 yrs ago when I wore plastics on the approach like a novie.(novice) Dug the register out of the snow and ice, a great time had by all!

Has anyone done any good climbs naked?

I did some really cool naked solo climbs at night in Arapiles, Australia. All very easy and some long enough to be out there. I don't remember any route names, but they were all an easy walk from camp in the pines.

I was a lame ass this weekend, didn't climb. Visited the folks, had a nice view of Hood's north side from their living room window.

I have to pass on the nude climbing, I'm a pale skin and I might do significant damage to something tender if I spent too much time running around in the buff.

Is it skinnydippin' in a hot springs or just par for the course? Reason I ask is I was up at Meager lately and since you have to pay to use it now, its about 80%suits/20%nude. Back in the free days it was 95% nude/5% suits. I wonder why??

Skinny Dippin is funnest with a co-ed, my wife and I used to take the occaional dip in the mountains back in the good old days. Almost got busted one time, just as we were finishing putting our cloths back on, a group of about 20 hikers came around the point on Canyon Lake near Granite Falls. Trying to throw cloths on over cold wet skin is not fun.

I was sitting next to Procter creek West of Mt. Index 2 summers ago having a post climb brew with a buddy on a hot day thinkin I might slide over and sit in the creek but, with LOTS of hikers walking around I hesitated. All of a sudden, this hoser walks up and loudly says "you arent going to freak when I shed my towel and jump in the creek are ya?" We shrugged and he drops the towel to reveal that it was the only garment he was wearing! He frolicks around spashing and hooting while we busted a gut laughing at him along with everybody else.

I havent seen any nude hikers or climbers yet, but have heard you folks are out there. I must say, I fail to see the point in that activity, I gotta protect the family jewels. wink.gif

How ELSE do you go swimmin out in the wilderness? who cares if you're nekkid, Mama Nature?

Speaking of great places to go for a dip, Has anyone been all the way into Gamma hot springs off the N side of Glacier Peak?