Mark McKillop

olyclimber

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark is a prime candidate to be named Pope and Dwayner's "Alpine Buddy". And I don't think he will disappoint us the way the last recipient of this honor did.

Just had a conference call between So Cal and Western WA. and both pope and I solidly agree that Mr. Mark McKillop is hereby awarded the honorific and highly esteemed title of Dwayner 'n pope's ALPINE BUDDY OF THE YEAR FOR 2007. Congratulations, young man, and we's expects you not to follow the questionable path of the original [mistake] recipient.

Aloha, our brother!

Dwayner 'n pope.

Trophy Wife:

redcropped.jpg

Your Trophy:

pewter_trophy_lrg.jpg

Mark showed up at the Yosemite facelift, invited because they didn't have a campground, not a participant and did nothing but bitch.

"What's with this Facelift thing?"

"Can you keep the music down?"

"Are those drummers going to play all night every night?"

Basically being his curmudgeonly self...

I had people come up to me for days after, asking: "Who was that guy complaining about everything?"

Hey Pope and Raindawg.

I sadly had to disappoint Mark when I informed him that he didn't get banning power with his new title. I did tell him that I'm positive that he now has a wide array of new powers, responsibilities, and some perks.

Send him a message and give him the lowdown on his new status.

Mark showed up at the Yosemite facelift, invited because they didn't have a campground, not a participant and did nothing but bitch.

"What's with this Facelift thing?"

"Can you keep the music down?"

"Are those drummers going to play all night every night?"

Basically being his curmudgeonly self...

I had people come up to me for days after, asking: "Who was that guy complaining about everything?"

I read this and ask myself, "Who's the bitch?" Dude, you're harshing my mellow.

Hey Pope and Raindawg.

I sadly had to disappoint Mark when I informed him that he didn't get banning power with his new title. I did tell him that I'm positive that he now has a wide array of new powers, responsibilities, and some perks.

Send him a message and give him the lowdown on his new status.

Feck, I see the little "moderator" icon next to your handle. With your special status, perhaps you can be of service. The first and perhaps the most important upgrade for the new Alpine Buddy should be to change the caption under his image. "Enthusiast" is one of those veiled insults that elite mountain climbers use to refer to wannabe climbers. I can think of a handful of synonymous words I've heard over the years....pilgrims, aspirants, gapers, candidates (that last one is Dave Bale's favorite).

Maybe you, with your moderatorial powers, can help here. Let's change his image caption to ALPINE BUDDY.

Feck, I see the little "moderator" icon next to your handle. With your special status, perhaps you can be of service. The first and perhaps the most important upgrade for the new Alpine Buddy should be to change the caption under his image. "Enthusiast" is one of those veiled insults that elite mountain climbers use to refer to wannabe climbers. I can think of a handful of synonymous words I've heard over the years....pilgrims, aspirants, gapers, candidates (that last one is Dave Bale's favorite).

Maybe you, with your moderatorial powers, can help here. Let's change his image caption to ALPINE BUDDY.

Raindawg concurs: award the man the title he deserves: ALPINE BUDDY.

Strip the current disappointing proud owner of his "uniquesness" and apply it to the current flavor....that flavor being....none other than....Mr. Mark McKillop.