Denali Expedition 2008 - Looking for 10-12 member

vertical_hiker

We haven't created any black holes and are still (pretty) sure they exist ;)

We've observed blackholes...we have not observed an experiment where life was spontaneously created by a chemical reaction to my knowledge.

If evolution is a fact it still doesn't disprove the existence of God. Neither does retroviral DNA insertions, the laws of gravity, quarks, people with vestigal tails, the dinosaurs, galaxies a hundred thousand light years away, string theory, or even TTK's hermaphroditic titties.

An omnipotent Creator can of course have created the laws of nature that science observes, and science does not disprove the Creator.

As for the question of why teach evolution in secondary school - Eric B is 100% correct. It's not that damn important. The fact is our public education system sucks ass as it is, and we would do well to focus on the basics anyway, and evolution is a small subject in a large ocean of knowledge that should be taught. Personally, I studied evolution in 10th grade as a part of AP Biology, and even then it was one very small part of a large curriculum. Moreover, to say we must teach it because it is science is nonsense, and a non sequitur. We can teach whatever the hell we want to teach and that should be decided at the local level.

And, BTW, I'll add that if we want our kids to learn to think critically, they need to actually be faced with choices that they have to argue both sides of and come to their own conclusion - not be force-fed totalitarian-style propaganda like you evolution-science-worshipers are so bent on. It's a pattern I see all to frequently with your type - ranging from social issues , history, political policy, and on to science. I must only conclude that your inflexible, knee-jerk defensiveness is rooted in, umm, insecurity and weakness. :wave:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and what, to you, would a transitional fossil even look like? you have no idea what could convince you b/c you are incapable of being convinced. why not save us all a lot of bad-noise and run along and start a pro-life group somewhere in indonesia, preferably jesus-based and in the middle of a group of equally-retared muslim-fundementalist who can show you have right THEY are?

and for those who think public schools don't give fair service to religion, please come watch me teach social studies - i make a very concentrated effort to teach all of the major world religions in the fairest fashion. i obviously can't speak for all social studies teachers, but as a professional, the strident and disrespectful opinions i spray here re: religion are most definitely excluded from my lessons, and i've reprimanded no small number of twits in my classroom who think it's cool to trash each others faiths in that forum, most especially including atheists.

again, w/ the why teach evolution thing - could it be that evolution is truly one of the most fundemental laws of the universe, used to explain fucking everything!? the heavens above, the stock-market, politics, current events, history, economics, religion itself for christ's-sweet-fucking-sake! everything evolves! to comprehend where we've been, where we are now, and where we're heading is impossible w/o it. for my own subject of instruction, world history, to properly begin the narrative i must begin in pre-history, which compells a discussion of geology, dating-technique, our homonid ancestors, etc. my instruction is based on tangible evidence and commonly accepted scientific theory.

Ahhh....why did Rome fall??? Well lets start with how old the sedimentary rock was that was under the building foundation....

Quite sure that starting with Ancient Mesopotamia be enough of a head start to get to these: stock-market, politics, current events, history, economics

and what, to you, would a transitional fossil even look like? you have no idea what could convince you b/c you are incapable of being convinced. why not save us all a lot of bad-noise and run along and start a pro-life group somewhere in indonesia, preferably jesus-based and in the middle of a group of equally-retared muslim-fundementalist who can show you have right THEY are?

Couldn't find any huh? Hey insults are second best when you can't find the answers. Smart.

times like these, it's good to remember me nietzche...

if i didn't answer your question, then neither did you answer mine

Given that evolution, according to Darwin, was in a continual state of motion . . . it followed logically that the fossil record should be rife with examples of transitional forms leading from the less to the more evolved. Do you understand? So where are these?

Ahhh....why did Rome fall??? Well lets start with how old the sedimentary rock was that was under the building foundation....

Quite sure that starting with Ancient Mesopotamia be enough of a head start to get to these: stock-market, politics, current events, history, economics

funny, that's the subject of my first day after the break

the fall of rome seems to largely have been caused by christians and a general spread of idiots w/n the general population at large who were content to watch their leaders spend vast fortunes on foreign wars while totally neglecting the poor and downtrodden among them - but then, jayb's the one who actually read all of gibbon's classic on the subject, so maybe he'd chime in, if he weren't tired already of taunting the trogdolytes :P

i would agree that evolution is not 1000% necessary for the teachign of my subject, but then, nothing is. if you don't like evolution though, please get the fuck out of my public school system and study whatever gets you off w/ the rest of your snake-handling ilk :)

forgive the aggressive tone, btw - the in-laws are in town!

Given that evolution, according to Darwin, was in a continual state of motion . . . it followed logically that the fossil record should be rife with examples of transitional forms leading from the less to the more evolved. Do you understand? So where are these?

there's no such thign as "less or more evolved" b/c there is no beginning or ending point to life - living things aren't striving for anythign in particuliar, just being molded by the conditions that currently surrond them.

darwin was not god. his thoughts on evolution (a word he didn't even use) are not like those of abraham. it is natural that one who believes in prophets would have a hard time accepting this...evolution can proceed at times at a rapid clip, as gould suggests, leaving few "transitional" forms, which you've still yet to define.

funny, that's the subject of my first day after the break

the fall of rome seems to largely have been caused by christians and a general spread of idiots w/n the general population at large who were content to watch their leaders spend vast fortunes on foreign wars while totally neglecting the poor and downtrodden among them - but then, jayb's the one who actually read all of gibbon's classic on the subject, so maybe he'd chime in, if he weren't tired already of taunting the trogdolytes :P

i would agree that evolution is not 1000% necessary for the teachign of my subject, but then, nothing is. if you don't like evolution though, please get the fuck out of my public school system and study whatever gets you off w/ the rest of your snake-handling ilk :)

forgive the aggressive tone, btw - the in-laws are in town!

Flying to the in-laws tomorrow so feel your pain. Fortunately the J-Tree trip was last week, so I can self-medicate with food and drink to numb the pain with no regards to the 5 lbs. I'll undoubtedly add to the mid-section.

there's no such thign as "less or more evolved" b/c there is no beginning or ending point to life - living things aren't striving for anythign in particuliar, just being molded by the conditions that currently surrond them.

darwin was not god. his thoughts on evolution (a word he didn't even use) are not like those of abraham. it is natural that one who believes in prophets would have a hard time accepting this...evolution can proceed at times at a rapid clip, as gould suggests, leaving few "transitional" forms, which you've still yet to define.

Even those who believe in rapid evolution recognize that a considerable number of generations would be required for one distinct "kind" to evolve into another more complex kind. There ought, therefore, to be a considerable number of true transitional structures preserved in the fossils. Where are they?

Even those who believe in rapid evolution recognize that a considerable number of generations would be required for one distinct "kind" to evolve into another more complex kind. There ought, therefore, to be a considerable number of true transitional structures preserved in the fossils. Where are they?

no, actually they'd say that a new species coudl well emerge in just a few hundred years, which is virtually no time at all in the fossil record, and could therefore by easily missed

again, you're missing the point, the existence of evolution has zero to do w/ the existence of god - darwin believed in god and contemplated a life in the ministry prior to becoming a naturalist - einstein was no atheist. if there is a creator-god, clearly the numerous laws of science (thermondynamics, gravity, light, evolution, etc) were part of that creation...

Not it. another example of evolutionist crasping at the air. Ever hear of the Nebraska man?? The missing link was a pig tooth but hell they made up a great story and put it in text books all as facts too.

LOL Some key words. "May",

Also

Other scientists were intrigued, but far from convinced, especially since the case for hippos has looked good, they said.

and

Kenneth Rose, a professor of functional anatomy and evolution at Johns Hopkins University, said Thewissen didn't provide enough evidence to merit his conclusions