Denali Expedition 2008 - Looking for 10-12 member

vertical_hiker

If you are truly surprised by this response, rather than just annoyed that your post didn’t sail smoothly by the attention of those who don’t share your beliefs, then you are truly oblivious to the world around you...We are not weak minded fools who have made the decision not to believe in a Christian god lightly. Most of us have given some measure of consideration.

Belief is a choice. If this were untrue, there would be people who believed but did not want to and people who wanted to believe but couldn’t. This is not the case; belief *is* a choice. So, given the constant, inescapable bath of Christianty and Jesus-talk in America, how can you presume that any climbers “need to hear” the Good News? It seems very arrogant that you would think it was your place and role to put your religion in climbers’ faces. They have heard it all ad nauseum. If they wished to pursue it, they would.

Add your frikkin guitar and that’s a tasin’.

When you are saying you're not weak-minded or needing a security blanket, and calling us "arrogant",...sorry anyone who blows irrational chunks on a mountain climber's post in judgement, with a measure of intolerance sounds like they're afraid, and weak-minded to me. It's obvious a few of you are offended and afraid. That's fine with me. Maybe we're all weak minded, some are just better at admitting it. Btw, I don't recall any of Jesus' followers passing out security blankets when they followed him?

Another thing, as I read some of these posts, I can't help but to laugh at how you think all Christians are going to get in your face and try and convert you. Please stop. Quit whining! Stop building strawmen, and feeling proud that you're tearing them down,...you're not saying anything new. Cliche's everywhere. Get over your prejudices, you're probably not going to Denali anyway next year, and if so, we'll probably be passing by...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just need to know what kind of beer the volcano produces, how hot the strippers are, and how interested they'll be in chain-doinking me for all of eternity before I sign on the dotted line...

Join the Muslims they get 64 virgins to doink for all eternity for being good little human bomb boys.

just some of 'em

Vertical Hiker should not have expected a solidly warm reception on this bulletin board and he's going to have to expect some people to be quite hostile if he introduces himself to other climbers on Mt. McKinley by saying "Hi. I"m here for a Cristian climb..."

btw, no such thing as "Christian climb" just like there is no such thing as Christian music. Music is music, and climbing is climbing. Our group is here for a climb on the mountain to reach the summit, and along the way, we're going to represent Christ.

I know not to expect a "warm reception," but I was too ideal to expect most to believe not all Christians are the same.

vertical hiker

Your posting here for the amusement factor you provide. Sure some folks agree with you, but a lot of posters are laughing at and not with you. To your credit you did come up with a good topic to fill up 14 and counting pages.

I'm curious what credentials your group has to be out to help others on the mountain. Are some of your group EMTs? Doctors? Dentists? Do any of you know CPR? How do you augment the rangers and doctors at the 14 grand camp?

I have faith that you're good at passing out waterproof religious packets.

i love the tolerance shown by the self-proclaimed liberal seattle tolerant! too funny....

yeah let's give shit to anyone who talks about believing in god, as long as it's not bob marley. "bend down low....."

f'ing hypocrites, the lot of ya.

How do you define tolerance?

For me it means acknowledging and respecting the legal rights of people with opinions that differ from my own. That's it.

IMO so long as you abide by the strictures defined above, you can still be defined as tolerant towards a group of people that you openly, actively despise.

i love the tolerance shown by the self-proclaimed liberal seattle tolerant! too funny....

yeah let's give shit to anyone who talks about believing in god, as long as it's not bob marley. "bend down low....."

For me it means acknowledging and respecting the legal rights of people with opinions that differ from my own. That's it.

IMO so long as you abide by the strictures defined above, you can extend tolerance to persons that you actively despise.

yes yes we all know you're a law and order type of guy, blah blah blah heard it before.

IMO so long as you abide by the strictures defined above, you can extend tolerance to persons that you actively despise.

yes yes we all know you're a law and order type of guy, blah blah blah heard it before.

So what's your working definition?

IMO my version is more likely to hold when the chips are down than the lefto-PC "Celebrate Diversity" version.

If some of us were truly intolerant than vertical hiker would not be posting on the board or have a locked topic detailing the basic facts regarding his groups trip.

my working definition is you're a dumbass, just like pink.

If some of us were truly intolerant than vertical hiker would not be posting on the board or have a locked topic detailing the basic facts regarding his groups trip.

nice ruse. sounds like it sold itself to ya.

yeah and let's not talk about climbing anymore either, cuz you know, climbing sells itself.

dumbass.

i've been climbing all over things my whole life and someone was always telling me to stop, but i don't listen. :rocken:

i've been getting god/jesus shoved down my throat my whole life and i've been telling them to stop and they won't listen. :fahq:

as far as the dumbass comment goes, well, i forgive you. :grin:

Edited by pink

my working definition is you're a dumbass, just like pink.

Thus spake the man with the multiple neg-AM I/O arms...