Creationism on NOVA

Jim

Anyone catch this last evening? It was on the Intelligent Design trial in PA. The ID folks got their head handed to them on a platter in court. The best was the research into the drafts of the ID biology book. After a court case thoroughly denied the teaching of creationism the ID authors went on a find and replace mission - replacing "creationism" with "ID" throughout the book. In a couple places forming the word "creationtelligent designism" - named the missing link by the defense. All the time trying to deny that ID is a code word for creationism. :lmao:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“PBS and NOVA’s program on the Dover intelligent design trial is plainly biased in its portrayal of intelligent design and obviously outside journalistic standards of fairness and accuracy,” says Discovery Institute senior fellow John West. “The producer admitted they tackled this story because if the Dover trial ruling had been different it would have had ‘dire consequences for science education in this country,’ so clearly they were never approaching this in anything resembling a fair manner.”

:cry:

Edited by tvashtarkatena

That stuff is just another little hurdle Satan has laid out to test their faith. Those people are breeding. It's going to get 'way worse.

God-squaders having lots of kids: ironically, it would seem belief in God increases reproductive success, and is therefore evolutionarily advantageous.

and so, ironically, evolution creates lots of stupid people who are incapable of creating intelligent designs.

i think i'm onto something big here if i can figure it out and write a book about it.

The evidence for earth’s age is so indisputable that a large fraction of the creationists no longer argue it. They concede some antiquity for the earth and among those groups are called the Old Earth movement, but they otherwise dispute evolution (for example) and some of the physics that explain tectonicism. One intriguing feature of their position is that time may not have a uniform rate of flow, that the isotopic half-life that is used to date the earth may not proceed at a linear rate. In other words, a process that now takes a million years may have once only taken a thousand.

“PBS and NOVA’s program on the Dover intelligent design trial is plainly biased in its portrayal of intelligent design and obviously outside journalistic standards of fairness and accuracy,” says Discovery Institute senior fellow John West. “The producer admitted they tackled this story because if the Dover trial ruling had been different it would have had ‘dire consequences for science education in this country,’ so clearly they were never approaching this in anything resembling a fair manner.”

:cry:

Yea. And he refused to be interviewed by NOVA. They even pulled out of being a witness in the court case because they knew they were going to get stompled big time. During the court case strategy documents of the Discovery Institute were placed into the record that showed how they want creationism taught in school under guise of ID, despite their protests that it ain't so.

The best one I personally heard from a IDer was that "...what if God created the earth with the illusion of age" Well - I didn't know he was such a jokester.

:lmao:

... um 7829?

Try

7819 + 30025 = 37,844

:lmao:

i guess dru has evolved thus disproving creationism? but wait...he's created several identities not accounted for by the above equation. maybe it is all about intelligent design/creationism. i'm so confused.

mr. occam is one of my favorite people.