Cascadian Couloir in the Fall

nigeljmcclung

I'm interested in attempting Stuart via the Cascadian Couloir October 12-13 and haven't been able to find too much information on current conditions/recent trip reports. Does anyone know anything or have any info/stories they'd like to share with me about attempting Stuart this late in the season (besides obvious inherent risks).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will find some snow but not much. The larches are probably just past their prime but may still have some needles.

The most common route is to start at the Ingalls Lake trailhead up the north fork of the Teanaway R. Go up and over Long's pass and down into Ingalls crk. Go downstream a little ways and turn left up the Cascadian.

Continue upwards forever.

At the snow field, stay left and then veer right over the top of it. You want to end up on the highest point to the right/north above the snowfield. From there follow the ridge or just below it to the true summit.

Why the %@*! would anyone want to climb Cascadian any time of year unless the purpose was to ski it? That thing is the biggest POS anywhere.

Have fun dude

:crosseye:

I climbed stuart as maybe my first "mountain" when I was in high school. It was a blast and I see it all the time and think about how much of an adventure it was for me. I'd never hiked that hard and the view was great 360!

Yeah, it's a walk up and it may have some choss, but it's got it's merits.