They take away your freedom to save you

Peter_Puget

Classic... you even have the typical Republican aversion to humor!

Everybody knows a "libertarian" is merely a Republican who wants to smoke dope and not pay any taxes. Ask your mom to explain.

again with the oversimplifications - you are a classic - moron, that is. I'm not adverse to reasonable levels of taxation (like the current levels, for example), but would like to see better ROI on what we spend our money on - that goes across the board. I believe in limited gov't not NO gov't as the Libertarian Party seems to advocate in the US (they are way too extreme). And I don't want to smoke pot, although I don't mind letting people smoke it who want to.

but...you supported the war. Does the +/- sign in front of the ROI count?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We might need a government program to stop the flood of the toxic and defective products from China. The story reports that defective condoms were provided from China to the health department. Interesting. If I did that, wouldn't that be a crime called fraud? But it's OK if...

All products from China are toxic... to our economy. At the rate we are going, China will hold all the cards soon. Time for a gov't program to educate us about how buying the cheapest crap, and the most crap might not be the best idea...

We might need a government program to stop the flood of the toxic and defective products from China. The story reports that defective condoms were provided from China to the health department. Interesting. If I did that, wouldn't that be a crime called fraud? But it's OK if...

All products from China are toxic... to our economy. At the rate we are going, China will hold all the cards soon. Time for a gov't program to educate us about how buying the cheapest crap, and the most crap might not be the best idea...

particularly when you can fill a tub with it.

I read an interesting article yesterday where the guy was saying that perhaps the multinationals outsourcing production to China should also bear some blame for crappy products. Granted it's the factories that are making the shoddy goods but if you're going to stamp your name on it maybe you should do some quality control.

I read an interesting article yesterday where the guy was saying that perhaps the multinationals outsourcing production to China should also bear some blame for crappy products. Granted it's the factories that are making the shoddy goods but if you're going to stamp your name on it maybe you should do some quality control.

You don't think this little recall has cost Mattel a few bucks??? It's unlikely that any contract provisions will make Mattel whole for the millions of bucks they are losing both directly from the recalls, and indirectly from the damage to their brand.

You don't think this little recall has cost Mattel a few bucks??? It's unlikely that any contract provisions will make Mattel whole for the millions of bucks they are losing both directly from the recalls, and indirectly from the damage to their brand.

Whats your point? Crappy companies do crappy jobs outsourcing their crappy products and get burnt. Like most other things in life 5% can do a competent job the other 95% are spineless lemmings along for the ride.

From the coverage I've seen most of the criticism is directed towards China. Yes Mattel has to recall things but the general commentary seems to lay the blame at China's doo and poor Mattel was shafted by the unscrupulous Chinese. I think these multinationals are probably very aggressive with obtaining the lowest cost suppliers they can and now it's bit them in the ass. You get what you pay for.

From the coverage I've seen most of the criticism is directed towards China. Yes Mattel has to recall things but the general commentary seems to lay the blame at China's doo and poor Mattel was shafted by the unscrupulous Chinese. I think these multinationals are probably very aggressive with obtaining the lowest cost suppliers they can and now it's bit them in the ass. You get what you pay for.

The American consumer is just as much to blame in all this.

The American consumer is just as much to blame in all this.

they just want.

It's the B-grade MBAs who see what the big boys are doing and want to be big boys so they copy GE and the like but don't have the money, skill or talent to do it, end up doing a crappy job, and everyone gets screwed.

I'd but W in the B-grade category MBA category. His administration is a shining example of that thinking.

sorry-frame.jpg

When anyone with whom the central message of this image resonates argues on behalf of granting the government control over healthcare, the irony thus generated has a kind of sublime majesty and magnitude about it that humbles most mountain ranges. Amazing.

It's the B-grade MBAs who see what the big boys are doing and want to be big boys so they copy GE and the like but don't have the money, skill or talent to do it, end up doing a crappy job, and everyone gets screwed.

I'd but W in the B-grade category MBA category. His administration is a shining example of that thinking.

Carl - can you please provide some sort of example for what you are talking about - i.e. the Bush reference...having a really hard time following your logic here.

sorry-frame.jpg

When anyone with whom the central message of this image resonates argues on behalf of granting the government control over healthcare, the irony thus generated has a kind of sublime majesty and magnitude about it that humbles most mountain ranges. Amazing.

jay, this isn't about philosophy of government, it's about liberals being better than conservatives :ass:

sorry-frame.jpg

you completely missed the point Jay, and stepped in your own pile of irony (or mountain if you wish). it has nothing to do with health care or arguing on behalf of Edwards remarks. it has to do with only choosing to observe one single small corner of speculative erosion (based on off the cuff remarks) of one political party while totally ignoring that the other political party is actively dismantling your rights in leaps and bounds. I find this bizarre focus extremely ironic indeed.

you completely missed the point Jay, and stepped in your own pile of irony (or mountain if you wish). it has nothing to do with health care or arguing on behalf of Edwards remarks. it has to do with only choosing to observe one single small corner of speculative erosion (based on off the cuff remarks) of one political party while totally ignoring that the other political party is actively dismantling your rights in leaps and bounds. I find this bizarre focus extremely ironic indeed.

the things on that questionnaire are only applicable to suspected terrorists, not law abiding citizens. they don't deserve rights anyway. yours are still intact, right?