Here comes another whopper

tvashtarkatena

Patreus will lie his ass off and paint a rosey picture of the Surge's success...with appropriate caveats so as not to strain credibility, of course.

Bush is already talking about troop reductions, which, of course, MUST happen soon to give the GOP a prayer in 2008.

Meanwhile, by every measure, Iraq has continued to deteriorate. I haven't checked this morning...does it still have a government?

The strategy? Why, the old "Mission Accomplished", of course. Declare success, walk away, journalists leave, the public breaths a long sigh of relief because we've long since stopped giving a shit anyway. Outta sight, outta mind.

Think Patreus is too much of a stand up guy? Well, so was Powell...we thought. After all, he works at the pleasure of the commander in chief...and an ambitious guy like that would certainly prefer to have 'success' written in the history books, accurately or not, rather than 'total fuck up'.

Personally, I'm for immediate withdrawal. Always have been. But Our Man George has always been for Success at Any Price. Stay tuned for the ultimate cynical curtain call from our most incompetent and corrupt administration ever.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The press coverage of our politics is just amazing to me.

Look at the last week's coverage: they focussed on Gonzalez for one day, and the story blew over so we could look at what was important: a gay senator from Idaho resigns. We got several stories about progress in Anbar, a breakthrough in Korea, and pictures of chimpy all over the TV.

If the so-called liberal media would cover Patreaus in a fair and balanced way, any dog and pony show would be seen for what it is. No chance.

Look at the last week's coverage: they focussed on Gonzalez for one day, and the story blew over so we could look at what was important: a gay senator from Idaho resigns. We got several stories about progress in Anbar, a breakthrough in Korea, and pictures of chimpy all over the TV.

If the so-called liberal media would cover Patreaus in a fair and balanced way, any dog and pony show would be seen for what it is. No chance.

spin is perspective...stop thinking you are above it

On the bright side, as innocuous as the arrest of a yet another Republican sex pervert may be, the prevalence of such a story ensures we have not yet started bombing Iran. Also, for whatever it's worth, the Senator Craig scandal got considerable attention from not just the mainstream medium, but also from liberal pundits heard on Air America and read elsewhere.

For better or worse, political sex stories seem to always get a lot of attention in this country, and I think it not a result of media bias distorting what's really important out there, but a result of the ongoing distress in the American psyche when it comes to sex in general and homosexuality in particular. The implications are amplified for Republican politicians who are gay, because they at once condemn themselves, as part of their suppression and as compelled by their twisted political agenda, and then act out in the strangest ways -- such as by hiding with the toilet biscuits and peeping through the stall doors in public restrooms as a way to court sex.

Now, about preparations to bomb Iran... that's a more important story that's been going on, although maybe not visible on the radar screen presented by the MSM. You tell me.

Actually its a small percentage of extremists who are doing this. I may be an infidel and deserve to die, but some certain people also read the bible, and the bible happens to say "Disobedient children should be stoned to death". My point is that extremism in any form is damn dangerous.

I think you'd find that if as a nation we did more humanitarian work and less conquering, there would be fewer attacks.

Actually its a small percentage of extremists who are doing this. I may be an infidel and deserve to die, but some certain people also read the bible, and the bible happens to say "Disobedient children should be stoned to death". My point is that extremism in any form is damn dangerous.

I think you'd find that if as a nation we did more humanitarian work and less conquering, there would be fewer attacks.

Speaking of small percentages...can you provide examples of Christians who are stoning disobedient children and quoting the verse you mention as justification?

Actually, 9/11 didn't happen because of liberals. It happened because people like you keep fu****g up our relationship with the rest of the world. :noway:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Nothing to do with our relationship dipshit. Read the Koran. Your an infidel and deserve to die.

Can somebody tell me why this fuck-stick hasnt been banned yet?

Actually, 9/11 didn't happen because of liberals. It happened because people like you keep fu****g up our relationship with the rest of the world. :noway:

Nothing to do with our relationship dipshit. Read the Koran. Your an infidel and deserve to die.

Becuase if they left all you liberal freaks here they would have to ban this site as a terrorist site.

Seahawk is the only surviving species of non-climbing butt fungus from the Mt. Hood spore release that still infects our site. I would guess he casts his spores far and wide across the web, gracing many otherwise perfectly functional websites with the signature scent of illiterate ass cheese. An inability to feel embarrassment or shame is usually diagnosed at sociopathy, although in his case it may simply be due to having so few functioning neurons that none may be spared for anything other than vital organ function and the motor skills required for typing. Unfortunately, and somewhat inexplicably, considering his homo habilis level of brain function, he has already managed to convince a woman (and we can only imagine how bright a bulb she is on the marquee) to procreate with him. We can only hope that his children will be permanently incarcerated at an early enough age to stem the infestation in the long term.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Seahawk is the only surviving species of non-climbing butt fungus from the Mt. Hood spore release that still infects our site. I would guess he casts his spores far and wide across the web, gracing many otherwise perfectly functional websites with the signature scent of illiterate ass cheese. An inability to feel embarrassment or shame is usually diagnosed at sociopathy, although in his case it may simply be due to having so few functioning neurons that none may be spared for anything other than vital organ function and the motor skills required for typing. Unfortunately, and somewhat inexplicably, considering his homo habilis level of brain function, he has already managed to convince a woman (and we can only imagine how bright a bulb she is on the marquee) to procreate with him. We can only hope that his children will be permanently incarcerated at an early enough age to stem the infestation in the long term.

I think we found the missing link.

According to an unverified report by Barnett Rubin at the Informed Comment Global Affairs blog, the administration and its allies have been instructed to start demanding war with Iran, beginning this week:

They [the source's institution] have "instructions" (yes, that was the word used) from the Office of the Vice-President to roll out a campaign for war with Iran in the week after Labor Day; it will be coordinated with the American Enterprise Institute, the Wall Street Journal, the Weekly Standard, Commentary, Fox, and the usual suspects. It will be heavy sustained assault on the airwaves, designed to knock public sentiment into a position from which a war can be maintained. Evidently they don't think they'll ever get majority support for this--they want something like 35-40 percent support, which in their book is "plenty."

Hard to say whether this is an attempt to begin an actual war, or intended to further pressure Iran into compliance re their nuclear program.

Watch the news this week, and see if we start hearing about Iranian "provocations."

So often the things you here about people are overblown....but you are just as stupid as advertised. :mistat:

A week ago, you didn't know the difference between sport and trad and now you're using phrases like....."I guess WE could be considered a family"...jumping on the Seahawks bashing bandwagon, etc.....

Why don't you shut the pie-hole until you know what the hell you are talking about little feller.

ahhh. The Endangered Species Act. Im sure an exception could be made for this jackass.