Eating meat found to be environmentally destructiv

billcoe

There sure is a difference between home grown and store bought!! We also raised our own meat.

As for not being encouraged as a girl, I wasn't either. I was not invited, only my brother was. I used to steal his wrist rocket, then bb gun, and hunt rabbits as a kid. Then I was given a real gun by my bf and loved it. The first time I went shooting with my dad was when I was in my twenties. It was the first time I ever shot at skeet and trap. Afterwards, my dad told me not to tell my bro about the afternoon b/c I was a better shot that him. Looking back, I realize that was an important lesson on many levels. Funny how life is like that.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to bite the heads off of gummy bears and line the bodies up on my desk.

I made little signs for my gummy bears and staged a gummy bear strike. They had things like "equal work for gummies" and "gummies are people too".

People didn't get it. I thought it was funny. But then, I really don't like gummy bears.

I've eaten a guinea pig, too.

I've eaten kangaroo(in Australia.) A bit on the chewy, gamey side, mate. :noway:

My granddad used to take my brothers deer hunting(again with the brothers getting to do all the fun stuff!). The meat would get ground into "hamburger" and I hated it(not sure if it was the thought or the taste--I just could not enjoy it.) My mom would have to show me one of those styrofoam trays from store-bought meat to convince me that the deerburger was hamburger. Eventually I caught on to this ruse--"mom, why is the styrofoam always so clean if meat just came off it??" She had been hiding the same tray in the cupboard to show me each time. Duh.

No wonder I don't miss meat now. That was too weird.

I've eaten kangaroo(in Australia.) A bit on the chewy, gamey side, mate. :noway:

My granddad used to take my brothers deer hunting(again with the brothers getting to do all the fun stuff!). The meat would get ground into "hamburger" and I hated it(not sure if it was the thought or the taste--I just could not enjoy it.) My mom would have to show me one of those styrofoam trays from store-bought meat to convince me that the deerburger was hamburger. Eventually I caught on to this ruse--"mom, why is the styrofoam always so clean if meat just came off it??" She had been hiding the same tray in the cupboard to show me each time. Duh.

you should try rocky mountain oysters

There sure is a difference between home grown and store bought!! We also raised our own meat.

As for not being encouraged as a girl, I wasn't either. I was not invited, only my brother was. I used to steal his wrist rocket, then bb gun, and hunt rabbits as a kid. Then I was given a real gun by my bf and loved it. The first time I went shooting with my dad was when I was in my twenties. It was the first time I ever shot at skeet and trap. Afterwards, my dad told me not to tell my bro about the afternoon b/c I was a better shot that him. Looking back, I realize that was an important lesson on many levels. Funny how life is like that.

I am learning to shoot a bow and arrow with my boys. Guns are on the list.

as far as the cost goes, i don't know how much a good rifle runs. i do know that you can buy them used for much less and i do know that you only have to buy one. if you take good care of it it will take care of you for the rest of your life and likely the lives of your children after you are gone. if you parcel out the price of a gun over the 40 years you use it, it's about 50$ a year. I spend more than that on groceries a week.

in quick succession i was present for the cutting of the chickens head off and then the removing of the feathers... i was 9 then mom fed me bunny and told me after.... i was vegetarian until i was 23. i absolutely think being veggie is a viable option!!! i do also think if you want to eat meat ya should kill your own :) i bet more people would be veggie ;)