Kennedy / Bush

high_on_rock

Was watching a show on the Kennedys this morning and was struck by the numerous parallels between Jack Kennedy and GW Bush. Both sought the presidency to please their father. Both made their way through college on less than an academic track. Both had a brother who would have been a much better candidate (but Joe died trying to become a hero). Both seemed to make decisions based upon gut and stubbornness. JFK made his brother Bob attorney General of the US, even though he had never conducted a trial in his life; caring more about the AG’s pure loyalty than his competence. Both had VPs that were almost more powerful then themselves.

While Johnson made a decent president after that assassination, I am not sure that we want to see what kind of president Cheney would make.

Yep, there were a lot of differences too.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kennedy was Catholic (read: mindless slave to Papal authority). Bush, on the otherhand, is a True Christian Leader.

Another distinction - Kennedy got America sucked deeper into the Vietnam quagmire, while Bush is the Greatest Wartime President Ever and is leading us to Victory.

Edited by dt_3pin

The big difference being that Kennedy was a communist sympathizer and came from an America-hating family, while GW Bush is a real American who loves his country.

:grlaf:

Looking at Kennedy's strong anti-Commie stance, hawkish approaches to Cuba and the Sovyetskij Soyuz, and tax-cutting policies and he smacks more of a Republican than a contemporary Demo-lib.

Jed bush was the more serious of the two, and the more intellectual of the two. I would argue that those two factors would have made him a better president. My opinion.

Coulda sworn his name was Jeb. Wait.... is there still another brother I need to worry about?!