Good climb to solo in August?

dietcookie

I'm looking to climb something in August, nothing more difficult than perhaps a class 4/5 route. I'm from San Diego so I'll be flying up to either WA or OR. But there has to be some of the good stuff up there (snow!!). I know it's hard to judge conditions for the future and we are experiencing a heat wave this week, but typically what mountains in the cascades are covered in snow (or somewhat)? I considered Rainier but I'm doing that in May next year with some buddies so I gotta wait till then. What are some options?

There are a whole bunch of stuff like that, what make the most sense is to go to the partners foru and try to hook up with some to go climbing. That way you reduce your risk of not finding the trail head or climbers trail leading to whatever it is you want to climb.

The Tooth is always in.

I am, however, confused about that tagline about bagging a cougar. I admit that trying to put a cougar into a bag is, indeed, a truly sporting activity, but I'm not sure why you would attempt this or where you would get a bag large enough.

The Tooth is always in.

I am, however, confused about that tagline about bagging a cougar. I admit that trying to put a cougar into a bag is, indeed, a truly sporting activity, but I'm not sure why you would attempt this or where you would get a bag large enough.

Usually just putting a bag over the head (Ben Franklin technique) is enough.

• 17 years later...
On 7/3/2007 at 12:14 PM, wayne said:

Go for MonGo!

That thing may never see a 2nd ascent , unless somebody from North Carolina comes out here

Off to the Can Rockies, later!

I can’t believe this happened like that!! Literally somebody from North Carolina, came out and did the second ascent of mongo! This happened last month and I made my prediction 17 years ago.