Michael Moore the Fraud

sheaf_stout

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check with Dru, but I think the state of Massachusetts and Canada have roughly the same GDP, so this doesn't sound out of line.

Massachussets = $325 billion

Canada = $1 trillion

as Jim mentioned, cost person/etc would be relevant measures of efficiency

Check with Dru, but I think the state of Massachusetts and Canada have roughly the same GDP, so this doesn't sound out of line.

Canada = $1 trillion

I was actually joking...but this is interesting. Now if you subtracted CN GDP associated with natural resource exports..... ;)

Canada = $1 trillion

as Jim mentioned, cost person/etc would be relevant measures of efficiency

Do French Canadians count as full persons?

Health care in Canada is not "universal" as I think a lot of folks here might be thinking. For instance, all Canadians have to pay monthly MSP premiums. It is possible to opt out of these, but you then agree to pay all medical costs if you need them. I know of only a few folks who have done this.

Under Fairpharmacare in BC, monthly medical premiums are pro-rated to income levels. But, prescriptions are NOT paid for under a certain pro-rated deductible level. For instance, I need to spend $2000/yr on meds before the gov't kicks in. Also, eye-care costs are not covered, not even the cost of the eye exam. So basically what you are getting is very basic universal emergency care, which, yes, from my perspective, is a better system than what I have seen while talking to doctors in various ER rooms at hospital across the US.

I have often wondered why normal vaginal births are even covered. Their coverage seems to go against the very idea of "insurance."
I am not sure I understand the question. For most women, childbirth will be the single most dangerous thing they do during their lives.

And to top that off, things like vaginal tears occur in many cases and need to be taken care of......

Even the best insurance doesn't cover the $300-$500 the Dad has to slip the OB-GYN for that "extra stitch" - :o

I think the doc will do this for free out of pity for any guy with a dick small enough to need this.

I have often wondered why normal vaginal births are even covered. Their coverage seems to go against the very idea of "insurance."
I am not sure I understand the question. For most women, childbirth will be the single most dangerous thing they do during their lives.

And to top that off, things like vaginal tears occur in many cases and need to be taken care of......

Even the best insurance doesn't cover the $300-$500 the Dad has to slip the OB-GYN for that "extra stitch" - :o

I think the doc will do this for free out of pity for any guy with a dick small enough to need this.

uncle :cry:

No kidding. I wasn't sure what the "deep debt" from a mere 250/mo was. If that much would really put you into debt, that means you don't really have anything anyway and the state will cover your costs if you cut your leg off and have to go to the emergancy room.

Reality check..

Many, if not most, Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Many who do not, assume that everyone else is like them. For someone living paycheck to paycheck, perhaps with kids etc, paying for health insurance that would only cover part of catastrophic medical bills would at first result in debt, then deep debt, and then life long debt if a catastrophic medical issue arose - even if they had the crappy insurance that is offered to them.

You guys need to get to know some working class folks and get out of you cubicles.

You know, I was thinking about the last line of this comment. It is pretty presumptive. First of all, like most people, I was not born in a cubicle. I worked regular jobs before college (and yes, I was out of my folks house young and w/o any financial support from them) as well as during and after college. The reason I went to college is b/c I quickly realized I couldn't support myself on minimum wage. I earned my way into my cube so that I wouldn't be one of the people who can't afford to take care of myself.

There is a reality check for you.

I actually do look for counter-arguments and just plain factual background, DeChristo, but if we're casting aspersions according to the political views of those we're casting upon I'd have to observe that the right-leaning posters on this site have been much more prone to posting without actual information, ignoring new facts, and running from the discussion when strong counter-arguments are presented.
:noway::lmao::lmao::lmao: What world do you live in, Matt? What planet? Seriously. When have you ever called upon your fellow lefty 9/11 conspiracy kook clan to account? When have you stood up against your fellow lefties here who have expressed the desire to "put a bullet in the head" of the president? How many "passes" have you given to the likes of Viendra7, Dave Schultz, and ilk? Posting without information? Like the LA Times/NY Times pap you regularly and exclusively regurgitate here? Where is this "counter-argument" link you boast of? You regularly claim open-minded status and political neutrality but rarely - if ever - claim a center stand on anything political. I do like your expressed stands on wilderness access, but I'm not sure you're trustworthy there either, frankly. You remain the most frustratingly hypocritical albeit chameleon-like poster on this entire site. Stop pretending, Matt. You are never going to seriously consider any position that takes you outside of your comfortable little belief system. You are Crux hiding under a thin tarpaulin. Edited by Fairweather

It has other economic effects - besides years of making shitty cars US auto makers have had to deal with the cost of health care built into their product, Japan does not.

Are you suggesting we reign-in the excessive demands/"gains" extorted by labor unions? :blush: God forbid a UAW employee be asked to pay a single dime of their healthcare premium!

It has other economic effects - besides years of making shitty cars US auto makers have had to deal with the cost of health care built into their product, Japan does not.

Are you suggesting we reign-in the excessive demands/"gains" extorted by labor unions? :blush: God forbid a UAW employee be asked to pay a single dime of their healthcare premium!

Jim? You there? Cat got yer tongue?

Fairweather,

stop being such a cry baby and see if you can stick to a discussion. About once at week, it seems, you get frustrated with being on the losing side of an argument and start calling people a**holes. If you direct your tirade at me, and if I’m bored enough, I’ll sometimes return your fire.

Meanwhile, you criticize the Times, but you offer no better source of information. You are welcome to chime in to the Cheney thread, for example, and tell us how the stories reported in the New York Times and LA Times are inaccurate. Or in this thread you might present some information about how nationalized health care is actually less efficient than private - instead of railing on unions.