A woman's worth

archenemy

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he make you breakfast in bed and feed you grapes every day??? If this is real then I must be on another planet.

Not everyday, but he brings me breakfast in bed most days if I'm working early in the morning and he's getting the kids ready for school. No on the grape feeding, however. Maybe I should mention that ;)

Does he make you breakfast in bed and feed you grapes every day??? If this is real then I must be on another planet.

Not everyday, but he brings me breakfast in bed most days if I'm working early in the morning and he's getting the kids ready for school. No on the grape feeding, however. Maybe I should mention that ;)

LOL do you also work? That be different.

personally i don't think any child under the age of 3 belongs anywhere away from a parent.

I agree, but cannot afford for one of us to not work.

i don't care what you call it. a nanny is still day care.

I agree to a point. But there is one child to take care of, and not a whole bunch of diseases going around. A nanny was the best option we had.

again, just my opinion, but that is a cop out. you can afford anything you want to afford if you make the proper adjustments to your budget.

we each live with the consequences of the choices we make.

I think that this is one of those times when you need to adjust your thinking to how you live. you like day care, you just don't want your child to go to a center where there are other children diseases etc.

Muff….I hear what you are saying and believe me that conversation has taken place in my home. But it comes down to what is best for my son. We could sell our house and go live in a crappy apartment with other screaming kids and parents who beat their kids…..we could live on my salary like that. But is that best for my son. We don’t think so. We bought our current resident because we got pregnant and needed a yard for him to grow in. So if we want him have a very safe place to grow/play/worry free for the parents. Then we both have to work. Once we made that decision then it was nanny or daycare…..we choose nanny. Trust me my house rules and I do think it is the best place to raise children. So……off to work I go.

LOL do you also work? That be different.

I work at home so I can be with the kids. Actually I'm very lucky because with what I do there's no need for an office. In the morning I'm usually in bed with my ibook on my lap working hence the breakfast in bed.

Edited by rmncwrtr

personally i don't think any child under the age of 3 belongs anywhere away from a parent.

I agree, but cannot afford for one of us to not work.

i don't care what you call it. a nanny is still day care.

I agree to a point. But there is one child to take care of, and not a whole bunch of diseases going around. A nanny was the best option we had.

again, just my opinion, but that is a cop out. you can afford anything you want to afford if you make the proper adjustments to your budget.

we each live with the consequences of the choices we make.

I think that this is one of those times when you need to adjust your thinking to how you live. you like day care, you just don't want your child to go to a center where there are other children diseases etc.

Muff….I hear what you are saying and believe me that conversation has taken place in my home. But it comes down to what is best for my son. We could sell our house and go live in a crappy apartment with other screaming kids and parents who beat their kids…..we could live on my salary like that. But is that best for my son. We don’t think so. We bought our current resident because we got pregnant and needed a yard for him to grow in. So if we want him have a very safe place to grow/play/worry free for the parents. Then we both have to work. Once we made that decision then it was nanny or daycare…..we choose nanny. Trust me my house rules and I do think it is the best place to raise children. So……off to work I go.

I am not trying to tell you that what you have chosen is wrong. I am trying to convince you that you need to adjust your verbiage to the reality of your existence.

I live in a crappy part of a REALLY nice neighborhood so my kids can go to the really great school. we all make choices and we all do the very best we can. there is no perfect when it comes to parenting.

I will say, at least those of us with kids are doing parenting, are thinking about all of these topics. at least we give a shit.

I'm breeding these in the lab:

427133249_e5b196e2f6_o.jpg

wow that looks just like my kids after they have spent the day with auntie mustang sally eating pizza ice cream candy drinking soda playing video games and watching movies :o

man, I wish *I* could stay at home.

then you should. I am serious. I think it would benifit any man who has the desire to quit his job for 2 years and be home with his children while his wife gets her career back on track. for reals if a mom did the first 3 years and daddy did the next 2 kiddo would be 5 by the time everyone was back at work.

haha, Yeah, right. I couldn't do that to my wife. Why in the world would she want to give up being a stay-at-home to go work some shitty 9-5? lame.

Anyway, I make more money than she would, so I don't mind taking a bullet for the team. I still get evenings and weekends.

Anyway, it's funny to hear women complain about how they "had" to stay at home. Man, working for the man is the shitty end of the stick, not stayin' at home.

You know, I gotta say though, now that a lot of us women do make as much if not more than men, I have to assume many men have the choice to stay at home. I don't see them leaving the workforce in droves.

I don't think the home thing is easier than the work thing. I just don't think it has a compensation value of over 100K.

I don't think the home thing is easier than the work thing.

wouldn't that depend on the home and kids? wouldn't that depend on the job? I'd certainly rather stay home than schlep my ass to my job every day. I stayed home for 3 weeks when my wife went on vacation to Thailand -- it was so much better than dealing with the asshats at work.