• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mtn_mouse

Gas Station Diet

The key is to be as prepared as possible, so that you leave little to chance as far as your food choices go.

I never hit the road without packing along a PBJ sandwich, fruit, nuts, and a thermos of tea. For overniters, whether it be a road trip or a flight, I pack my cooler or suitcase with huge homemade salads and a frozen container of homemade lentils or chili(assuming there's a microwave somewhere at the other end of the trip.)

I'm probably a bit more obsessive about this than necessary, but the trade-off is that I never get that greasy, sickening fast-food hangover when I travel. Also saves a lot of money and the time that would be spent searching for edibles en route or at my destination, when I'm tired and just want to settle in with a good dinner.

Trust me, she's got it dialed. Nary a stray cheeto enters the sanctuary of Sherri's body! :rawk:

Microwave? Hmmm... I'm not seeing that work - Cheetos!

Edited by MisterE

I never hit the road without packing along a PBJ sandwich,

Not if you're coming to Canada.

that is a question only someone living in idaho can answer

extensive research has proved inconclusive but < slingblade voice> I reckon I like me a foam hat, unhughhh < /slingblade voice>

She's done it!!! Scofflaw! :battlecage:

If I don't have food and I have to choose between TDM and Burger King I'll pick TDM any day.

I do agree that it isn't real Mexican food.

She's done it!!! Scofflaw! :battlecage:

Don't try to get between me and my peanut butter. :noway:

(that didn't sound quite right, did it?)

Edited by Sherri

Why stop at gas stations for food when you can stop at those Mexican taco vans at the side of the road?

Last time I ate Gas Station food was last August after stealhead fishing down on the cowlitz at blue creek. That little AM/PM with some Jalepino hot dogs. God I was sick for two days. Reminded me why not to eat that shit.

your spelling and grammar give me indigestion

My Grammar's pickled eggs gave me indigestion.

She was also a proponent of making big batches "sun tea" now that I think of it. She had a thing for stewing stuff in big jars for days on end, then feeding it to the kids. :sick:

Sorry, off topic.

out of curiousity i once looked at the pre-made sandwiches they sell at 7-11. i found a hero sub that had some 1300 calories and 84 grams of fat!!! i was amazed they could even fit that many calories into one sandwich! personally, i don't think you can trust the majority of pre-made foods out there. manufacturers simply want to produce something they think will taste good and will sell. your health never comes into the picture.

manufacturers simply want to produce something they think will taste good and will sell.

Well, duh.

How long did it take you to come up with the obvious?

5g/trans fat per 10g serving

Servings per package: approximately 12

% US RDA of: sodium 1200%

carbohydate 200%

everything else 0%