Darrington Conditons Spring 07?

matt_m

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As of about a week ago- there was still a stubborn bit of snow about 2/3 of the way in to 3 oclock. I think this last week probably melted a bunch more. Road bed looks like it weathered our winter rains well as far as I could tell.

MH

The route does have fresh anchors, but could really use a good scrub and removal of a fairly large loose flake that apparently was solid enough during the FA to take gear behind skull . I hope to spend some time up there this spring to work on - wanna help?

MH

P5290035.JPG

The "good" 2nd pitch belay. The one at the top consisted of 2 short aluminum rivets punched thru some 1" webbing and a short buttonhead. While the route had lots of tat at the 2nd pitch belay, the 3rd pitch rap had no signs of other ascents than the first. Pitch 3 awaiting a 2nd ascent speculation??

Recent conversations with Duane Constanino about the route indicate that he felt this was definitely one of his finest FA's- it is a great line for sure!!

MH