Smoking pot and climbing thread

billcoe

The last thing we need are more rules. Is that in the climbing code yet? "Thou shalt not climb high?" :lmao:

Why are you guys arguing about this? If you want to climb high and with your high buddies, who gives a fuck? If you don't, then don't. As long as everybody is honest, I don't see what the big fucking deal is. :confused:

I don't think its an argument. I think people are stating whether they would let someone who is high belay them or not. And I don't think anyone has said anything against actually climbing high or any rules. But my climbing code includes that I try to mitigate whatever risks I find unacceptable. In my book, that includes me letting myself be belayed by someone who is high. There is no room to argue there. Furthermore, I would be totally fine with someone who told me that they didn't want me to belay them b/c I was not high. Whatever works for you.

:tup: That's proud, you gotta know what you want, and then you gotta take it.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing we need are more rules. Is that in the climbing code yet? "Thou shalt not climb high?" :lmao:

Why are you guys arguing about this? If you want to climb high and with your high buddies, who gives a fuck? If you don't, then don't. As long as everybody is honest, I don't see what the big fucking deal is. :confused:

I don't think its an argument. I think people are stating whether they would let someone who is high belay them or not. And I don't think anyone has said anything against actually climbing high or any rules. But my climbing code includes that I try to mitigate whatever risks I find unacceptable. In my book, that includes me letting myself be belayed by someone who is high. There is no room to argue there. Furthermore, I would be totally fine with someone who told me that they didn't want me to belay them b/c I was not high. Whatever works for you.

:tup: That's proud, you gotta know what you want, and then you gotta take it.

And to state it clearly and without blame.

After the climbing day is done, all hell can break loose! :brew:

I'd take a stoned belay from someone paying attention as opposed to most of the belays I see in the gym and at sport crags where socializing among straight people is nearly always taking precedence over belaying. Also, I'd take a stoned belay from a all-trad climber anyday before a straight belay from a person who is primarily a sport climber and used to drifting off while someone is dogging extensively on them...

I'd take a stoned belay from someone paying attention as opposed to most of the belays I see in the gym and at sport crags where socializing among straight people is nearly always taking precedence over belaying. Also, I'd take a stoned belay from a all-trad climber anyday before a straight belay from a person who is primarily a sport climber and used to drifting off while someone is dogging extensively on them...

You rock JH.