CLEANUP AT FRENCHMAN COULEE!!

Craig Pope

all you climbers that love vantage but hate the mess that the concert goers leave, PLEASE get back to me if you are interested in getting together for a good Saturday of cimbing, and a morning of clean-up on sunday next weekend. I sure hope enough people respond to make this worthwhile and efficient.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I know Lucky pretty well, and he is the V.P. of FCCC, so I am sure I could get some fundage or at least a sick cookout. check out http://verticalpope.com/trips_07.html for photos of last weekend at vantage. and thanks for the support, It is so nice to know that others despise the mess.

one thing in particular: the new red iron trail signs need to be grounded in Concrete. . .so if anyone would want to bring some mix, I'll pack it!!

On March 4th. However I will be there both weekends.fcc06_feb.jpg

Edited by Craig Pope

I couldn't make Feb 25, but possibly Mar 4. Mattp isn't really a Vantage climber, but he might be interested, especially at this time of year. Be sure to contact Lucky Gibson and Craig Gyselink. MCash climbs there a lot too.

Last time I was there in December, the place was fairly clean. The time it really needs cleanup days is during concert season. There are some projects that need doing, for sure, including pouring some concrete bases for signs.

That's right bitches, clean some cracks one day, clean the ground the next. Or vice versa, whatever. I'll get a bag of quickcrete, anybody got a wheel barrel or bucket we can mix it in??

If your just sticking a sign in the ground, you can dump the quickcrete (quickset only) in first, water later, and mix with a shovel. No wheelbarrow required.

I might be able to make the weekend of the 4th.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

all you climbers that love vantage but hate the mess that the concert goers leave, PLEASE get back to me if you are interested in getting together for a good Saturday of cimbing, and a morning of clean-up on sunday next weekend. I sure hope enough people respond to make this worthwhile and efficient.

Good idea, but while you're at it, make sure you also clean up some of the mess left by other CLIMBERS out there. Thanks.

Good idea, but while you're at it, make sure you also clean up some of the mess left by other CLIMBERS out there. Thanks.

Good point Doc! I'll bring my trusty bolt puller and a hacksaw :rolleyes:

lol. guess the weight of 630 + bolted routes. lol If someone brings the quickrete, shovel, I will be there this weekend. . .My birthday is on the fourth, so i will have a party there Sat, and Sun I was going to clean all day. so i will have lots of buddies there. . .hopefully make new ones as well. you guys rock see you there.

yeah, I like it a whole lot. I was out there all weekend, have 6 trash bags full of garbage, just got back, and talked to 50+ people out there making a fool of myself, asking who knew about the cleanup. 'uh, no dude, didn't know 'bout it, but I am just here to climb and then go home and sh*t in my back yard' sad sad sad

Weekend, Mcash, and I reinstalled 2 of the original metal signs with 120 lbs of Quickcrete (courtesy of Weekend) each, and one 4x4 wood post sign with an extra 60 lb bag. After an extensive search, we could not find the other 'missplaced' metal signs. If you find one, please let us know (we've got Quickcrete left over).

There was not a spot of litter to be found anywhere. :tup:

Thanks for picking up all of the trash Craig, the placed looked great. The new metal signs we replaced are near Agathla Tower and at the top of the hill where you break off the go to the gullies on the right. We also reinforced the gulley #3 sign.

We need some more metal signs:

1. At the exit to the chimney saying Sunshine Wall right, and Riverview Park Wall left.

2. Gulley #2

3. Gulley #3

4. One where the trail forks between the M&M Wall area and Sunshine Wall.

Maybe we can work on this later this year. Who made those signs? Can we get some more made?