Leavenworth + Gold Bar Bouldering Guide

KellyS

Hi Everyone -

Just a quick note about the upcoming Leavenworth and Gold Bar guide.

Central Washington Bouldering: Leavenworth and Gold Bar will be released sometime during April by Sharp End Books, a small company in Boulder, Colorado. I finished work on it a few months ago, and I'm just now seeing what they've done with the layout. I have to say it looks pretty sweet - the guide will be printed in black and white, but there are plenty of awesome images, as well as detailed maps and photographic 'topos.' The book will list over 550 problems in Leavenworth, 150 in Gold Bar, and a dozen in Index.

For the time being, I've uploaded some old climbingfilms.com videos of Leavenworth and Gold Bar on youtube. Check them out here. I will be adding more over time, especially when the weather improves. At this rate, spring will be here soon. Feel free to PM me with any questions, etc.

See you all out there!

Kelly Sheridan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the USGS :

Because there is no generally accepted definition of a geographic center and no completely satisfactory method of determining it, there may be as many geographic centers of a State or county as there are definitions of the term.

The geographic center of an area may be defined as the center of gravity of the surface, or that point on which the surface of an area would balance if it were a plane of uniform thickness.

For Washington this is 10 miles west-southwest of Wenatchee