Climbing site?????

kevbone

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its time the climbing world had serious alternative from the fluff machines. Places like this give climbers a bad name!

Sooooooo....what are YOU doing here, Captain Serious Climber?

Apparently he just got back from ASS.com. Where he got poked from behind a lot.

Well, as you probably don't know, the Great Pacific Northwest is a place where there are serious climbs. Like Mount Rainier and Mount Hood for instance. You probably don't even know about them, and they are in your own backyard!

Really? Oh, you mean like the Mt. Rainier I've summitted 10 times and the Mt. Hood I've summitted 5 times?

Go on...educate us. I assure you, we're all waiting expectantly....

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Don't let them get to you kev. I am just like you. I climb hard and try to keep the fluff to a minimum. On this site its all about middle school antics. If you want to come to a new site that is serious about climbing, then check out mine:

www.minnesotaclimbing.com

we'll welcome you with open arms, because you know the difference between fluff and serious climbing discussion. You are right, it's cascadeclimbers.com when it should be cascadepranksters.com. Time for you to leave the boys to their games and join us for some serious climbing discussion at minesotaclimbing.com.

Wow….thanks Chaps. What I would do without nice and kind people like you that back me up. Not sure if I want to leave my home here on CC.com and join your minesotaclimbing.com climbing community. But thanks so much for the invite. You’re great. Once again…..did I mention how great you are? Thanks friend!

Well, as you probably don't know, the Great Pacific Northwest is a place where there are serious climbs. Like Mount Rainier and Mount Hood for instance. You probably don't even know about them, and they are in your own backyard!

Really? Oh, you mean like the Mt. Rainier I've summitted 10 times and the Mt. Hood I've summitted 5 times?

Go on...educate us.

Well actually I have yet to get above 5000ft elevation (other than in an airplane), so I can't talk about those mountains yet. But I'm looking forward to an expedition to climb them. If you are such an experienced climber, lets hear some serious discussion about your climbs. What sort of rope did you use? Where is the best place on the mountain for basecamp? How many days were you on the mountain?

Glad you're here, Chaps. We're just about to mount an expedition to siege Mt. Squamish.

If you're serious, I would like to know the cost for joining your expedition. What will the guide to client ratio be? Meals provided?

I probably can't go, but it would be nice to know in case there is another opportunity to climb one of the Cascade Jewels.

All fluff, no climbing banter.

"Limp wrist bitch"

yo this way to easy believe me,

i see the insignificance of what i'm up against.

opened your mouth, now ima open mine,

strong ass man with the weak line.

if im a midget with the cam in hand,

i'd just beat you up from the knees up.

and it seems to me you got it backwards man,

i got a big member that's why i trust my cams.

limp wrist bitch let's end this quick,

you can't get this fit with gym memberships.

a couch potato? you got this twisted,

the only time i spend on the couch i spend with your sister.

see people here don't like me i'm a dick on purpose.

you? you thought you fit into the scene but i got news for you man, you're not me and never will be.

I was sitting on a couch next to Kev last night. I'll tell you all that every damn one of you would like this guy if you met him. He's straight up.

I think what we all see sometimes, is that people have an "Online" persona, and then we have what we are in person. Sometimes they are radically different. It's true of Bone. Of course, Oly, Chaps and G can tell you that some of us have multiple "Online" persona's. Some those are distinctly different from each other, much like Cyblle with multiple personalities, although it's interesting to see them argueing with (themselves) each other, despite being the same person with only different Avatars.

Anyway, most the time the written word is a poor subsitite for the spoken work since you miss the eybrow raise and smirk which usually accompanies the humor.

I don't see wankers or chuffers, just different people with different ideas and styles. Some of the sh* t that goes on here is funnier and more engaging than a room full of monkees tossing sh*t at each other.

So keep up the good work, everybody post more climbing pics, and treat each other with the respect we would give each other in person.

And Dechristo stays: he's funnier than hell sometimes and who wants Mark Wilford to come around and kick their ass with an ice tool anyway? (Decristo you Name dropper)

I'm off to make some turns now. Keep up the good work all.

Well actually I have yet to get above 5000ft elevation (other than in an airplane), so I can't talk about those mountains yet. But I'm looking forward to an expedition to climb them. If you are such an experienced climber, lets hear some serious discussion about your climbs. What sort of rope did you use? Where is the best place on the mountain for basecamp? How many days were you on the mountain?

What sort of rope did you use???? WTF? Troll?

Go on...educate us.

OMFG you are like Christmas morning.

OK, here's the scoop on Rainier:

A properly trained and equipped expedition can climb Mt. Rainier is as little as two weeks, weather permitting. Proper acclimation requires a daily altitude gain of no more than 1,500 feet to avoid the deadly risk of PE, CE, or HAFE. For the standard route, basecamp is normally made at the base of the Muir Snowfield, with camp 1 and 2 on the Snowfield, and a 3 day acclimation rest stop at Camp Muir. From there, a serious push must be made to camp 4 just below Dissappointment Cleaver; the crux of the climb. No camp can be made on this treacherous section, so one is forced to climb in one, continuous push to the top of the Cleaver to make Camp 5. But your worries are not over; from there the expedition must wind it's way through a treacherous crevasse field to gain the final slopes at 13,500 and High Camp, which must be dug into the mountain's steep neve. This alone can take a full day. Most parties then gather their strength for a day, hydrating with local herbal teas made for this purpose, before thrusting on to the crater rim and summit. The descent is usually done over two to three days. Most parties are so exhausted they opt for the latter.

Good luck!

Edited by tvashtarkatena

What sort of rope is a legitimate question. Its a piece of climbing gear and everyone has their preference. Sometimes bringing the right gear can make the difference on an expedition though.

Maybe you don't recognize this. Its called SERIOUS CLIMBING DISCUSSION.

If you don't want to get burned, don't get too close to the fire, OK?