My dog killed my cat

lancegranite

Last week while we were gone to work, my dog got in a brawl with my cat. The end result was the little guy got his neck broke.

It was a real mess.

I like to think of my self as a tough guy but I fuckin' really miss that little guy... a gentle little creature for sure.

The dog?... I just don't know.

It's just a bad scene all the way around.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a basement apartment where the windows were at normal height and the sidewalk outside was at the level of the bottom of the windows. One summer day, I heard a commotion outside and looked up to see a cat running for it's life past the windows with a big dog hot on it's heels. Within a minute, I heard the sound of a dog ky-yighing in fear and pain growing closer and I looked up through the same windows to see the same pair running back in the opposite direction from a moment before - with the cat, the nails of all four feet dug-in, riding upon the dog's back.

It was one of those moments where, although alone, you laugh your ass off.

Last week while we were gone to work, my dog got in a brawl with my cat. The end result was the little guy got his neck broke.

It was a real mess.

I like to think of my self as a tough guy but I fuckin' really miss that little guy... a gentle little creature for sure.

The dog?... I just don't know.

It's just a bad scene all the way around.

Sorry to hear that…..maybe your dog drank too much liquor and spent too much time on the strip!

You know, this whole situation has been really difficult.

What do you do now?

We would rehome her, but now she's a killer.

We would keep her, but now she's a killer.

We could kill her, but now time has passed, and it gets harder every day you don't kill her.

She's a happy, friendly, healthy...cat killer.

Boy, Lance.

I understand that sometimes animals get put to sleep if they kill. I was bit by my neighbors dog when I was a kid, a dog who knew me well. It was a bad enough attack that the adults opted to put him to sleep. I felt HORRIBLE! Not to mention losing my best friend over it (it was her dog).

How long have you had the dog?

Could the dog be given to a home with no other pets?

Maybe contact your local humane society and ask them for suggestions? or your vet?

Im feel for you. Im really sorry you are going through this.

Keep us posted on your decision.

I own 2 cats and 2 dogs, the lab gets along like magic with the cats, the Rott puts up with them but often gets grumpy. I say keep your dog, you have vested love in it, would be cruel and sad to get rid of it.

Just keep it till it moves on and then consider getting another cat. No use putting a loved animal back into the system, esp since it has a record only you can know.

If my Rott killed my cat I would be pissed and give it hell but I also realise they are animals that operate on an instinct level only the can truly recon with.