Best human powered inner tubing new SnoqualmiePass

Tony_Bentley

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a kid I used to go to the mounties lodges all the time. There were some truely crazy rope tows there. They had some fun events at the Meany lodge.

They used to play this evening game called tube hockey. You put this inner tube in a sack then toss it down the hill from partway up. Then 20 people or so try and chace the tube on skis with a stick as the puck. The object was to controle the tube as it went through the goal at the bottom of the slope. I'm not a big mounties backer, but that was a fun game.

I have a few other good stories about hanging out with a group of teens and :toad: up at Meany, but I probably shouldn't post those.

Edited by AlpineK

When I was a kid I used to go to the mounties lodges all the time. There were some truely crazy rope tows there. They had some fun events at the Meany lodge.

I've ruined many a glove on the rope tow at the Meany Lodge. Never figured out how to start out on that thing with those little metal grippers. Oh the memories of ping pong tournaments late into the evening :) :sigh:

Dude you don't try and start up with the gripper. You get going like on a regular rope tow then hook up the gripper after you're moving. The best part was to release from the gripper just before you went past the safety gate. If you did it right you could get 20' of air on the flats beyond.

Then, there's the totally messed-up situation on rope-tows when somebody (always) falls down in front, pile-up occurs, and you've got to stand there allowing just enough friction from the rope passing through your hands to keep you from going backwards. Though, it warms your hands pretty good.

Give up on the tubing. Rent snowshoes or XC skis and teach them something they can use in the future. There is no future in tubing.

Why not go tubing, you can still teach them how to snowshoe and XC ski also. If there younger kids there not going to find snowshoeing very fun, hell I dont find snowshoeing fun or XC skiing. Tubing is all around fun for everyone, most everyone enjoys the thrill of sliding down a hill at high speeds with absolutely no control.

Then, there's the totally messed-up situation on rope-tows when somebody (always) falls down in front, pile-up occurs, and you've got to stand there allowing just enough friction from the rope passing through your hands to keep you from going backwards. Though, it warms your hands pretty good.

The tows I'm talking about go 20 mph up some steep hills. You could never let go or the person behind you would plow you down.