Prolly already been posted, but sharma

RuMR

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5.13 is already mainstream. Look around BC as an example, in pretty much any small sized climbing community - Revelstoke, Pemberton, Golden, Cranbrook, Nelson, Nanaimo, Campbell River, Mission... I don't know about Terrace but maybe up there too.. there are established 5.13s and local climbers that climb at that level. Most of whom no-one has ever heard of except other locals.

5.13 is already mainstream. Look around BC as an example, in pretty much any small sized climbing community - Revelstoke, Pemberton, Golden, Cranbrook, Nelson, Nanaimo, Campbell River, Mission... I don't know about Terrace but maybe up there too.. there are established 5.13s and local climbers that climb at that level. Most of whom no-one has ever heard of except other locals.

If you look in the old Climbing - Rock & Ice rags the hot flashes were Lynn Hill onsighting 12d or the amazing onsight on 13a. Now days dudes are gunning for "How to climb 5.13" instead of the 5.12 standard of being elite. It's funny how you can work your ass off to send a 12c and the kids these days casually say "oh it has a cruzin 5.12 finish". I'm getting so old

If you look in the old Climbing - Rock & Ice rags the hot flashes were Lynn Hill onsighting 12d or the amazing onsight on 13a. Now days dudes are gunning for "How to climb 5.13" instead of the 5.12 standard of being elite. It's funny how you can work your ass off to send a 12c and the kids these days casually say "oh it has a cruzin 5.12 finish". I'm getting so old

then those same kids go fall off of a nice 5.10 cruiser valley route... :lmao: