Kurt Fickeisen: current news

MarkMcJizzy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is Kurt Fickeisen?

using "Kurt" as the search object, in subject only, newer than 1 year, returns a plethora of results. I give you the original thread as a starting place...

The search function is such a wonderful thing.

I'm extremely glad to hear that Kurt has reached this phase of his recovery. One of our mountain rescue unit members suffered a similar accident two years ago (header from the top of a 20-foot ladder), and when they finally put his hunk o' head back in, he was back in the mountains within a few weeks after that. Go get 'em, Kurt! bigdrink.gif

who is Kurt Fickeisen?

using "Kurt" as the search object, in subject only, newer than 1 year, returns a plethora of results. I give you the original thread as a starting place...

The search function is such a wonderful thing.

I'm extremely glad to hear that Kurt has reached this phase of his recovery. One of our mountain rescue unit members suffered a similar accident two years ago (header from the top of a 20-foot ladder), and when they finally put his hunk o' head back in, he was back in the mountains within a few weeks after that. Go get 'em, Kurt! bigdrink.gif

Thanks, hope he is doing well.

Hey, I just wanted to make a post and let you know how I'm doing.

I don't remember much of the accident. What I do remember is the whole process took forever. The important thing is I'm out of the hospital and I feel a lot better. I went back to the hospital last thursday and thats when they stuck my skull bone back together. I was out of the hospital on friday and since then I've been hanging out at home.

The doctors tell me that the operation went well. While the surgery is done I've still got more to do. Right now the doctors want me to do a bunch of physical therapy. Basically I need to do a bunch of exercises to strengthen my legs and arms.

Anyway while I've got more to do things are looking up. I'd love to get back to skiing and climbing. It will all happen eventually just not overnight.

Thanks to everybody that came by the hospital and my house to visit me.

• 2 weeks later...

Frick yeah Kurt!!! Awesome news. Good to hear your skull replacement went well. I had do PT for a while cause of an injury, my sole focus was to come back stronger than I was going in. It was great having a goal and seeing the progress, though slow at times. When I did get back out it was on WI4 ice climb. Hope your PT is just rewarding, you have kicked ass so far.

• 2 weeks later...