"We are winning"

Jim

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! The quintessential Fairweather response has finally arrived! Judges, can you please confirm the reply's arrival as the 21st post on the fourth page of this thread. Ladies and gentlemen, for those who are not familiar with Spray, this is where FW, instead of confronting the numerous responses of substance (often backed with evidence) challenging his statements on the field of open debate, chooses to single out a personal slight, cry "victim of political correctness", ignore any and all reference to legitimate challenge to his viewpoint, takes his ball and goes home. cry.gif

Fairweather, has the somewhat conservative estimate of 600,000 post-invasion deaths in Iraq caused you to question your support of the war? Has it been worth it?

"Takes his ball and goes home?" I believe MaryLou was the one who hit the ignore this user radio button. She joins her fellow losers; Trashtarkington and Moschillin. I haven't left what you call 'this discussion' at all, but some of your comrades certainly have. But when the core of this thread consists of leftists making statements like, "I am ashamed to be an American", "Let's put Saddam back in power", "Saddam = George Bush", "650,000 dead - how dare you claim only 60,000!", and Prole propegating an outright hysteric lie from dubious sources about a US-sponsored coup, I feel no compulsion to play nice. How do you think our troops over there would feel if they read your bullshit? This thread is a who's who of the cc.com self-hate-hate-america crowd. Other than Trashkent's Iraq partition proposal, which Bush has wrongly rejected, I see no solutions here. Just the usual bullshit. Go look in the mirror fuckheads. I am you looking back from the other side.

You continue to dodge the question of your past (present?)loyalty to the Bush Administration's doomed project in Iraq. You have been an avid cheerleader for the invasion and occupation in the past (rather quiet lately though), and I was just wondering if you have been rethinking your past(?) positions in light of the catastophe that has been unfolding there and elsewhere. Sorry to have to single you out, but it seems that it's your comrades that have distanced themselves from these positions.

How do I think our troops would feel if they read my bullshit? Well honestly I'm a bit conflicted there. One the one hand I realize all too clearly that many of the folks over there are in a lot of trouble not of their own making. Poverty, ignorance, and general lack of healthy opportunities for a dignified and honorable existence have trapped these people in an absolutely horrifying position. Maybe if they read my and other's bullshit before they enlisted perhaps they may have made other choices. On the other hand, I gave up the support-the-troops-guilt-trip long ago. It's when I realized that many of "our" troops over there really do enjoy killing, maiming, and torturing other human beings that I gave up on that one. Can't wait for those guys and gals to get home! In that sense, I don't really give a fuck what they would think about my bullshit. I still can't really blame them, war does terrible things to people, that's why I am generally against it. How about you? I am still trying to figure out how you can be supportive of "the troops" and support this war. You've seemed to have juggled this contradiction pretty well. GIRL, what IS your secret? Lastly, alot of the troops probably agree with my bullshit.

I'm not going to defend what anybody has said on this site, ever. People say alot of stupid shit. But I don't think any of the statements you mention represent the core of this thread. One of the more inflammatory, but I think important, bits was the picture of gassed Kurds. How exactly do you grapple with the well documented fact that when that photo was taken, Saddam was being supported by the US government, a number of whose members occupy high posts in the Bush Administration?

The article that I cited comes from an on-line newspaper called the Asia Times. It offers daily analysis of world events by a wide variety of sources primarily from Asia. Personally, I think it offers some of the best analysis out there, and provides an antidote to alot of the flaccid arguments offered by American liberal and progressive press. Some is hit or miss, some I disagree with entirely. I often post articles that I like on this board. The article that I drew the coup possibility from cites Marie Colvin of the Sunday Times of London, Dr Saleh al-Mutlaq, a prominent Sunni politician, Anthony Cordesman, "an uber-realist, conservative US military analyst", David Ignatius of Washington Post, "a former CIA officer with wide experience in the Middle East", and Salah Mukhtar, "a former top Iraqi official who served as Iraq's ambassador to India and then Vietnam in the period just before the US invasion of Iraq " among others. All easily shrugged off as a "outright hysteric lie from dubious sources"? Hmm. Here's the article: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HJ21Ak03.html

You might actually read it this time. After reading it in light of the beating Maliki has been taking in the US press during the last 24 hours perhaps you'd like to wager on how much longer he'll be around.

Tha fukin' bish riminds me off yer sister and yer lil' dog too. Gawdam shitzz. Ya'll got testerown sprayin' rite outta my keyboard like gouts off snaffle giz durin' fly time!

Bartender! bigdrink.gif

(Keywords: joke + snaffle + family + testosterone)

The family insults show a real lack of class and not a little hatred. That's bullshit, even for this website.

I'd pegged you for dim, I didn't realize you were a moron. It's the interweb, don't get the dump truck stuck in your tube. (unless of course that's what it takes to get the dipshits to the polls).

It's a fucking joke moron! A joke on all you tards who take this shit seriously!