Rap bolting vs Ground up.

kevbone

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say after 10 years of climbing. The most fun I have had is on a rapbolted route. They both have there place in time, but rap bolted climbs are generally safer. I know call me a wimp, but the reality its, if you fall on a run out climb and get hurt, and don’t climb for 6 months, that’s exactly it, YOU DON’T CLIMB FOR 6 MONTHS. All because you wanted to be bold. I don’t agree with this. So I have chosen to rap bolt all the climbs I put up.

if you fall on a run out climb and get hurt, and don’t climb for 6 months, that’s exactly it, YOU DON’T CLIMB FOR 6 MONTHS. All because you wanted to be bold. I don’t agree with this. So I have chosen to rap bolt all the climbs I put up.

thumbs_down.gif Jesus titty fucking christ, where is Mark Twight when we need him?

I don't wear pads when I spar, cause you won't have them on when the bad guys come after you.

If you want a guarantee of safety, you're in the wrong sport.

Lead climbing should always be somewhat spicy. If it is to run out for you then there is always top roping (WHICH I RESPECT). Kevin i diagree with you. Climbing is not for everyone, otherwise they would build a staircase to the top of K2 so everybody could stand on top of the world.

Stevo, your using the same old argument and I call your bullshit, You are a tool.

I dont want a guarantee for saftey, but I want my chances to be great, not just good, but great that I will climb the next day and on and on and on.

Oh yeah on other thing, this may be a sport to you. But its a way of like for me.

so should everything be sanitized?

should the bachar-yerian get retro'ed?

Should El Cap be gridbolted?

there's a place for every style out there...not everything needs to be safe, you don't like it/not up to the challenge then move on...