obscurely enchanting fur

rat

on sunday, cappellini and i climbed a line on the northeast side of mcclellan peak. the climb is obvious from snow lake and the dike and upper pillar are interesting features when seen from certain places in the range.

we started in the clean white corner just right of the dike and climbed four nice pitches of 5.8 corners and face cracks to the top of the lower buttress. about 400' of hiking and 4th class led to the upper pillar. we climbed three pitches just right of the prow to the top of this feature. i butchered the first pitch with whining c1 but dan had no trouble seconding and thought it was only 5.10 or so. he then led a ropelength of sustained 5.10 and i lurched up another pitch of 5.9+. we topped out on a gendarme a short ways east of the summit and bailed. downclimbing to the west brought us back to the packs and a long walk.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cappellini would have freed the 20' i butchered if he drew the lead. i've been working too much. check the photo gallery for a rough idea where the line goes. i don't know how to attach it to the post.

• 4 weeks later...