News you might have missed

Peter_Puget

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad it was Reagan's presidency, and particularly the aftermath, that showed fairly clearly that supply side economics don't benefit society as a whole. tongue.gif

Not that benefiting the majority of society is what you or Bush cares about, but it's worth pointing out.

Oh, by the way, what was the debt at again?

Also, you may want to read the entire article, it's not all good news:

"Economists tend to put more stock, however, in the much broader business survey of 400,000 work sites that is used to calculate the payroll figures.

In May, job cuts at factories, retailing and other fields tempered job gains in education and health care, financial activities and elsewhere.

The payrolls performance was much weaker than the 170,000 jobs that economists were forecasting would be added in May. They also were predicting the unemployment rate to hold steady at 4.7 percent.

Adding to the weakness in the payroll picture: job gains for both March and April were lowered. Employers actually added 126,000 new jobs in April, instead of the 138,000 previously reported. For March, employment grew by 175,000, rather than 200,000."

But why build policy based on sound economics when you can base it on ideologial dogma?

On the contrary Josh, “supply side cuts” were proven not to be inflationary and were responsible for helping to reduce incredible high rates of inflation. As far as the budget deficient I encourage you to go back and review forecasts of government receipts and you will see how receipts have consistently beat the naysayer’s predictions.

Naysayers? OK. You're right peepee, the debt situation is great. Much better than when Clinton had us whittling into it. Lots of people love the balooning deficit. South Korea and China come to mind in fact! Keep drinking the potion, i see it is working.

Oh, by the way, did you hear that gays, liberals and illegal immigrants are the source of all this country's problems?

Umm, yeah 4.6% while jobs came in this morning at 75k, which is half what's needed to offset population growth.

Simple "unemployment" stat is meaningless without the context of labor force participation rate.

And sell your Laffer curve BS somewhere else. It's way, way past the point that any remotely sentient beings take Laffer seriously. But why don't we let that known unhinged moonbat liberal rolleyes.gif Ben Stein! express thimself:

On the right side of the aisle, there is breathtaking confusion about supply-side economics. Treasury Secretary John W. Snow has been touring the money programs on television, touting the effects of the Bush tax cuts on federal revenues, "explaining," as one might say, that this proves that supply-side theory really does work and you really can get something for nothing. He is partly right, in the same sense that you could borrow a bit more than $4 trillion to buy stocks and then tell people you are worth $4 trillion -- if you don't count the money you owed.

Now if we can just get all the illegals out of the country, unemployment could be 0%! Think of all the high paying jobs, such as picking fruit or being a house servant for rich people that will come available for those tech workers whose job just got outsourced to India. rockband.gif

Oh, by the way, did you hear that gays, liberals and illegal immigrants are the source of all this country's problems?

The VP’s gay daughter worked hard on her father’s reelection campaign. It was Kerry who brought up her “gayness’ and tried to make an issue. You are correct wrt liberals. As far as “illegals” isn’t Bush saying let them in!

Umm, yeah 4.6% while jobs came in this morning at 75k, which is half what's needed to offset population growth.

Simple "unemployment" stat is meaningless without the context of labor force participation rate.

And sell your Laffer curve BS somewhere else. It's way, way past the point that any remotely sentient beings take Laffer seriously. But why don't we let that known unhinged moonbat liberal Ben Stein! express thimself:

First Paragraph => simply silly.

Second Paragraph=> bring on a deeper discussion

Third Paragraph => Again silly. I would point out that reductions in marginal tax rates are the trend in high growth rate economies. Stein’s analogy is simply wrong.

Don't I remember that, not long ago, there seemed to be some fairly broad admission that supply side economics was bunk -- even from economists associated with the Bush administration?

Not sure bring it on. I would note that the supply side revolution was more than just a Laffer curve. It was a reassessment of traditional thought and emphasis on the “demand side” and I would argue that it was intertwined with “rational expectations” and “monetarism” a watershed event.

Rolling Stone ..

Ya whatever…..

Now if we can just get all the illegals out of the country, unemployment could be 0%! Think of all the high paying jobs, such as picking fruit or being a house servant for rich people that will come available for those tech workers whose job just got outsourced to India.

I have worked cutting apricots and placing them on drying trays before…..

0% unemployment drives up wages because it is so hard to find someone good. Driving up wages drives up inflation. Do you really want that? Imagine having to pay $20 or $30 an hour to that guy in Portland who pumps your gas.

At that point it won’t be a problem as immigration from Canada will no longer be exclusively the well educated (MD’s engineers) all the station attendants will come here as well.

peepee, are you an actual human or simply a software figment of someone's imagination, programmed to meaninglessly regurgitate right wing blog dribble?

For years you have stuck to your guns while the country has gone further and futher down hill. Can you honestly say, with a straight face, that this country is on the right track or is, in any way, better off now than 6 years ago? This administration has accomplished nothing aside from dropping us into this quagmire formally known as the "iraq war."

Get a clue. rolleyes.gif

They featured some redneck "minuteman" in a segment on the daily show a few weeks back defending the border from the hoardes of Canadian immigrants. One of the reasons he stated Canadians came her was for "the healthcare." First my jaw dropped, then I lost all words, then finally I broke down hysterically laughing. Needless to say that these are the type of people that share peepee's political stance.

Comeon PP how many Canadian doctors or engineers move to the States - almost none. Canada's biggest export to the US is celebrities, like Pam Anderson, Neil Young, Celine Dion and John Candy.

Go Dru Go!

Yeah, well, they are all plastic surgeons moving to the US to pump collagen into Pam's tits or botox into Celine. Gotta go where your customers go.

They featured some redneck "minuteman" in a segment on the daily show a few weeks back defending the border from the hoardes of Canadian immigrants. One of the reasons he stated Canadians came her was for "the healthcare." First my jaw dropped, then I lost all words, then finally I broke down hysterically laughing. Needless to say that these are the type of people that share peepee's political stance.

Was that the one where they rode along with the Nam vet with all the equipment he bought himself amd he started chasing the unmarked border patrol car rockband.gif