Yellow Jacket Tower Squabble

robotslave

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBS-yeah, i'm annoyed. i don't appreciate the allegation that my opinion is based from the spray on this site. i'd like to think that mostly, i'm a pretty mellow partner but i know for a fact that i'm not a mellow person.

KK-frankly, i don't really want to be behind anyone. that said it probably depends on how fast the party is moving and how they're set up to climb. 2 parties of 2 have deterred me. other times a group of 4 seemed reasonable. organization is probably the biggest factor.

just curious (and this is a serious question), but what is the maximum party size you find to be acceptable? is 6 too large?

6 is the permit party limit inside the NCNP. Mounties seem to circumvent this with multiple permits and then camp together.

Bottom line: I don't care how big or small your group is. You just better let the faster team pass even if it means you have to wait at a belay.

First on the route does not = first to the top.

And offer what ever route you have TR sieged to anybody else who comes by.

As far a clogging up certain climbs, I'd say an appealing trip report on cc.com is a much bigger problem for clogging a climb than any mountaineer party. If one guy comes back and says he had a good time on, say, Dragontail, the route will be clogged for the next three weeks!

John, I'm being serious here. If you ever catch a Mounties party larger than 6 in NCNP (or two Mounties parties camped together), please report it to the Mounties at once.

In the past there had been errors in the database (or no database) that allowed for situations for different branches to bump into each other on a climb, but I think those have been fixed.

If leaders are not checking the schedule for conflicts, then they will be censured.

By reporting any violations you see to the Mounties, you will help ensure that you will never see more than 6 Mounties at once in NCNP. The Mounties intend to follow the rules just like everyone else.

John, I'm being serious here.

Gary, this is a spray thread. Please keep it light and tasteless. Any more discussion of being serious and a mod will have to move this to another section or wave.gif lock it. mmmkay?