approach times to nada lake via snow creek

offwidthclimber

what's the approximate mileage/time for an average person (not a sloth, but not a speed hiker) to hike from the snow creek trailhead to nada lake. i'd be carrying a small day hiking pack (5 - 8 lbs) at most.

i'm looking to possibly head up there with some friends for a day hike, and would just like to know what to expect with regards to mileage/time.

thanks! [big Drink]

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That hike is not super scenic, really. I wouldn't just hike in there for a mere day romp but hey it's your time not mine. Might be better to just add 30 minutes one way and go up to snow lakes. Better scenery there.

It's about 2 hours or even less depending on how fast you move and how many breaks you take.

[ 10-09-2002, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

I second the suggestion to continue to Snow Lakes. And don't forget to explore the boulder field on the north side of Nada Lake, the trail will take you right by it: huuuge boulders stacked to create a warren of caves and hiding places, with a stream running underneath it all.

quote:

Originally posted by klenke:

Elvis is dead?! Oh my god. All this time and I thought he had only left the building.

Actually, I saw Elvis the last time I was in the Enchantments. He was doing a new sick solo line on Dragontail. [Eek!]

[ 10-09-2002, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Greg W ]