news from Canadia

G-spotter

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of people around here consider beaver to be vermin. The problem is, if you have a good place for them, you'll have a hard time getting rid of them and their idea of a good time may not be your own. (They like to topple trees and cause flooding and stuff like that where you may not want it. For example, do you have a culvert under your driveway? That makes a perfect dam.)

Having never had a yard/farm/woodlot in an affected area myself, I think they are cool animals. Ever been out in a boat out behind Husky Stadium in what was previously known as "Garbage Bay?" The little guys are ripping it up right here damn near in downtown Seatown. When they smack the water with their tail and take a dive, it is very cool!

Beaver tastes good (and I'm talking about the one with the big flat tail).

In Chile last year a restaraunt owner asked some Canadian friends "you are from Canada, do you eat beaver alot?" His girlfriend turned red, he stuttered that no, they really don't eat the animal in Canada

Likely postscript to the story:

"Two weeks after a multi-department rescue effort involving police and fire fighters and MNR, the frozen beaver's dam was blown up by a flooded out farmer and then shot by a group of drunk snowmobilers and its pelt sold on the fur market."

Life sucks for beavers in eastern Ontario and Quebec.

Beaver tastes good (and I'm talking about the one with the big flat tail).

In Chile last year a restaraunt owner asked some Canadian friends "you are from Canada, do you eat beaver alot?" His girlfriend turned red, he stuttered that no, they really don't eat the animal in Canada

Likely postscript to this story:

Breakup

Finally someone is talking about something really important!! Whether you are talking about the butterfly flick or the plain old long deep tongue method you cannot beat a long and arduous session of dining at the Y. The view from down there cannot be beat and the reciprocal rewards are a delight. Apart from severe carpet burn on your chin I see no downside.