Am I as screwed as prison sex?

So today bouldering with a friend and the wife at lunch. Doing a low way overhanging traverse, legs spread out on lil' jobs, two fingers of right hand on pocket and left hand underclinging pooh.

Shift wait, left hand slips off the dookie, body falls towards the ground, ring and middle fingers of right hand stay in pocket!! frown.gif

Well this is a new feeling, never stretched my fingers like that before. Obvisouly have pain in the forearm, small area of forearm is swollen. I can type, close hand without pain, carry light things, closing stubborn sliding glass door = pain.

Have a trip planned on the third weekend of March. Am I going to be a belay bitch?! confused.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. After the advice and input from the doctors here, I'm glad you didn't go amputating.

I bet you'll be back in no time. Ice and rest and heat and msm and chondroitin and ibuprofen and get some treatment on it, and you might even surprise yourself with some climbing on your trip (oh did I mention I know someone who does amazing physical therapy on such injuries? pm if you want info).

I knew where that was going as soon as I read this:

two fingers of right hand on pocket

Sucks dood... I had a minor incident on a 2 finger pocket about 6 months ago. I let it be for over a month and it got better, but like I said, it was pretty minor, not the full blown mess you seem to have got yourself into. I say take advantage and start up a new sport... bigdrink.gif

I knew where that was going as soon as I read this:

two fingers of right hand on pocket

Sucks dood... I had a minor incident on a 2 finger pocket about 6 months ago. I let it be for over a month and it got better, but like I said, it was pretty minor, not the full blown mess you seem to have got yourself into. I say take advantage and start up a new sport... bigdrink.gif

I already had bigdrink.gifas a hobby!! Just now I'm gonna be getting fat from the bigdrink.gif since the only activity I can do is..well... blush.gif

• 3 weeks later...
I got yer new hobby right here plexus. Shit, that dood certianly isn't getting fat, and I'm guessing that since he is still getting his fair share of hahaha.gifbigdrink.gifmushsmile.gif that he is having fun too... yoda.gif

Wow!! I'm glad I stayed away from the board the day that was posted!!! hellno3d.gif

I did find my new hobby yesterday though: belay bitch!!! frown.gif

I belayed a friend for five leads at Garden of the Gods yesterday. Not as bad as it sounds, he didn't take the swinging whipper I thought he was going to on this 11. And the bonus is he paid for the beers and Mexican food afterwards!!! bigdrink.gif

• 1 month later...

Two months later, heading for first outisde climbing trip of the season. Started on a 10c, got about 50 feet up of trying not to overuse my right arm, got over a headwall and was done for the day. Its the tendon that runs up to the ring finger that's FUBAR. Bulge about 3 inches down from the wrist. Told my doctor. She just shook her head.

As my friend put it as he lowered me cursing to the ground."Look at it this way: you'll get really strong at mountain biking this summer."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...