Overheard at Work

DirtyHarry

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Shit. Everyone at work couldn't stop talking about this game show on tivo called Americal Hero, in which, apparently, contestants get up and sing and then get berated by a wise-ass british guy.

At first I thought my co-workers were talking about a talent show friends of theirs were in or something, since they all had strong opinions about the contestant / singer people.

Then I got to leave work early to go to the dentist. As soon as I was all hopped up on novacaine and strapped down to the chair with a big piece of plastic in my mouth and a lake of nasty tasting saliva in my throat, sure enough, the dentist's assistant says to the dentist, "You watch American Hero last night?"

"Of course I did." says the dentist. Then I have the fortune of listening to the dentist's tirade about how the little black girl is so cute and she has the best voice, blah blah blah, and she should have won, etc.

When they finally stopped talking about the show, and I thought it couldn't get any worse, sure enough, "You are the Wind Beneath My Wings" comes on the radio. It was such a great afternoon.

Then I went and bought a few pints of Guiness Stout and drank them with a numb mouth on the way home . At least that part was good.