Cobra's with Viper Fang installed

Davis

I just finished modifing the BD Fangs for use on my Cobra's. I did not want to file down the tool at all, so I modified the plastic on the fang. You don't need to remove too much material--I actually removed a tad too much and supplimented that error with a little hot glue. I yarded on the tools pretty severly to make sure they would not break and they seemed fine. Here a couple pictures.

542594-FangMod1.jpg.2ba974b4a18bf0e175914626381c6b9f.jpg

Edited by Davis

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My roomate and I made something similar for his Rambos a few weeks back. We used a piece of aluminum, a few pieces of polyethylene from a cutting board, and some machine screws. They are pretty ugly right now, but they aren't done yet. I will get some pics up.

why not put on the Horn?

prod_84_1.jpg

the way the Horns wrap around the tool makes it way too much work to modify. I got a pair, and checked them out on the tool...I ended up selling them on ebay because I could tell it just wouldn't work...I can tell by the pics above that the Fangs are much, much less work to modify. Plus they are cheaper than the Horns.

edit: ....my above comment is in regard to putting something on a set of Cobras.

If I trimmed them just right, I don't think they would have shifted, but they did. I added the hot glue and now they are secure (I wrapped the shaft with syran wrap before assembly so the glue would not stick to the tool, just take up space). Those Altoids have been sitting on the counter for about a month--they are ginger flavored, one of the worst things I have ever tasted.

What kind of glue did you use to keep them in place ? hot glue ??? Where can I get it ? What is it ?

I just grinded alittle less off of my fangs than what you did and it seems like its going to work well. They do move alittle bit though, so i cant see getting away without the glue part.

Edited by gobriango

I just used standard hot glue--mainly because it does not get brittle in the cold. I filled in the internal void before assembly and then put the two halves together while it was still hot. Then, after putting the bolts loosly on, I pressed the hot glue gun nozzle into the areas from the outside and tried to force feed it into the gaps. I let this cool for a minute and then tightended down the bolts. A razor blade then got rid of any extra--be careful not to cut your grips in the process.

• 1 year later...

I just modified a set of fangs for my Cobras today and they seem to work great. I used the pictures as a rough diagram to get started and then occasionally checked to see how they were fitting. Although it took longer to do this, I did avoid having to use any hot glue. Another thing worth mentioning, you do have to dig out a little bit of a channel to get them to fit (not necessarily obvious from the photos).

Thanks Davis for the pics!