mattp

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As of yesterday Whistler has recorded 15 feet of snow since New Year's. That's very close to a record for January. 40cm of fresh yesterday alone. In places it was almost too deep to ski - I spent a fair bit of time breaking trail downhill trying to get to slopes steep enough to allow forward movement. No complaints, though. With any luck it'll be as good tomorrow - today my legs need plenty of rest.

n. oregon cascades zone forecast is looking pretty redunkulous:

Tonight: Rain in the evening...then rain and snow after midnight. Breezy. Snow level 6000 feet lowering to 4500 feet after midnight. Snow accumulation up to 15 inches. Pass winds south 15 to 25 mph shifting to the southwest after midnight. Gusts to 40 mph.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/i...p;county=orc005

Jesus Christ I'm going to puke. When I moved to Colorado in 1998 I had to suffer the indignity of watching Baker set the world snowfall record while CO was sporting bases in the sub 20" range - in February. Now this. Not to mention the fact that I'm going to miss out on the best paddling season in years in the spring, not to mention all of the incredible spring skiing. Not to mention that by the time the crappy weather ends back here it's Africa-hot, as humid as the Mississippi Delta, and buggy as all hell. When I leave Boston that'll definitely be one of the happiest days of my life. T-29 months and counting. Now that I'm below 30 months I need to get one of those advent calendars and substitute months for days...

The sad thing is that is only a partial listing of the things that I hate about Boston. The funniest thing about living here is that while people who have never lived anywhere else seem to get passionate to the point of violence when defending the place, most people who have moved here from somewhere else are eager to tell you how much they hate the place when they find out that you are also from elsewhere. Get the degree and get the hell out seems to be the going mantra - and the negative population growth stats tell the rest of the story.

Jesus Christ I'm going to puke. When I moved to Colorado in 1998 I had to suffer the indignity of watching Baker set the world snowfall record while CO was sporting bases in the sub 20" range - in February. Now this. Not to mention the fact that I'm going to miss out on the best paddling season in years in the spring, not to mention all of the incredible spring skiing. Not to mention that by the time the crappy weather ends back here it's Africa-hot, as humid as the Mississippi Delta, and buggy as all hell. When I leave Boston that'll definitely be one of the happiest days of my life. T-29 months and counting. Now that I'm below 30 months I need to get one of those advent calendars and substitute months for days...

29 months... you got a long haul ahead of you...

Tonight: Rain in the evening...then rain and snow after midnight. Breezy. Snow level 6000 feet lowering to 4500 feet after midnight. Snow accumulation up to 15 inches. Pass winds south 15 to 25 mph shifting to the southwest after midnight. Gusts to 40 mph.

Funny how a slightly different forecast page says 21 inches tonight. Either way, this might call for a little dawn patrol this week.

Funny how a slightly different forecast page says 21 inches tonight. Either way, this might call for a little dawn patrol this week.

yeah that looks like the point forecast for meadows, which puts the elevation higher. Definitely off the sickter scale either way.