Rules in The Book

Gary_Yngve

Rules that you follow, rules that you've been a victim of, rules that you've heard of, whatever.

1) On a first date, the guy must offer to pay for the meal if he is to expect a second date.

2) A date for Friday night must be scheduled by Tuesday night at the latest.

3) (A rule from England) The date to have sleep together is the third date, not the second, not the fourth, but the third date. (the rationale being that any earlier is too desperate/easy, any later and you're not comfortable enough with each other for it to happen ever)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3)The date to have sleep together is the third date, not the second, not the fourth, but the third date.

Isn't it embarrassing that in a country as rich and modern as ours, we can't get full-blooded Americans to demonstrate elementary-school-level understanding of verbs?

So...didn't rule number 4 have something to do with glass houses and stones and shit like that?

No hard feelin's eh? Don't forget to carry the 1.

1) On a first date, the guy must offer to pay for the meal if he is to expect a second date.

Any guy who believes that shit is a sucker. yellaf.gif Any chick who believes it is probably a golddigger who ain't worth your time, much less yer money. thumbs_down.gif

(Naturally, both of these convictions will have exceptions, but them's my gut reactions...)

That's so fuckin cliche. rolleyes.gif I don't think that type of thing can ever be that cut & dry. It all depends how long you've known the other person, and what type of events the date is to consist of, and other factors.

3) (A rule from England) The date to have sleep together is the third date, not the second, not the fourth, but the third date. (the rationale being that any earlier is too desperate/easy, any later and you're not comfortable enough with each other for it to happen ever)

Now that does sounds like a good general rule o' thumb to me... I mean, the minimum number of dates should be flexible (again, depending on various factors). But if on the 3rd date, you're ready to get naked, and the other party needs "more time" .... it most likely means that they reeeaally just DON'T like sex very much, or maybe just have a lot of hangups with it. So why waste any more time with them?

wave.gif

nonsense

Any guy who believes that shit is a sucker. yellaf.gif Any chick who believes it is probably a golddigger who ain't worth your time, much less yer money. thumbs_down.gif

(Naturally, both of these convictions will have exceptions, but them's my gut reactions...)

That's so fuckin cliche. rolleyes.gif I don't think that type of thing can ever be that cut & dry. It all depends how long you've known the other person, and what type of events the date is to consist of, and other factors.

Now that does sounds like a good general rule o' thumb to me... I mean, the minimum number of dates should be flexible (again, depending on various factors). But if on the 3rd date, you're ready to get naked, and the other party needs "more time" .... it most likely means that they reeeaally just DON'T like sex very much, or maybe just have a lot of hangups with it. So why waste any more time with them?

wave.gif

So to sum your thoughts up:

You don't pay for dinner b/c that would prove that the woman is a gold digger.

You don't need to give your potential date a couple of days notice b/c you are the better judge of that person's scheduling needs than they are.

You expect get fucked by the third date b/c not to is proof that she is fucked up.

Wow, you effectively absolved yourself of any need to be considerate in any way and conveniently blame any future failure on the chick in question. Nice work.

So to sum your thoughts up:

You don't pay for dinner b/c that would prove that the woman is a gold digger.

You don't need to give your potential date a couple of days notice b/c you are the better judge of that person's scheduling needs than they are.

You expect get fucked by the third date b/c not to is proof that she is fucked up.

Wow, you effectively absolved yourself of any need to be considerate in any way and conveniently blame any future failure on the chick in question. Nice work.

Oh please. rolleyes.gif

The general theme/message of my post was that, when it comes to dating and relationships, RULES IN GENERAL ARE BULLSHIT. All of this stuff is gonna depend on numerous factors, specific to the individual situation/date/relationship.

Out of all the above, the only absolute I believe in is the second half of my response to item 3. And if you weren't so jumpy tonight, you may have actually noticed the gender-neutrality of my response to item 3. (There's plenty of chicks out there who'd concur on the three-strikes-yer-out rule). smirk.gif