female vs. male nudity

knotzen

Moving a side thread from the photo contestizzle thread to spray... (bottom of this page)

How many times do you see tits in the media, public, etc., and how many times a cock (much less hard, vs. hard nipples)?

There's no way there has been, or currently is, parity in the public display and yowzaness of female and male nudity.

Maybe that's attributable to sexism. Maybe people don't realize that women might like to see that. Maybe women are too polite to ask. Who knows. But it's been pretty much a one-way street so far.

I'll admit, that's no reason for women to "objectify" men, and go tit for tat--two wrongs don't make a right. But it sure hasn't been equal.

That's all I'm saying.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody wants to see my tits, I will be happy to oblige. Don't mind the hair, it's all natural.

Back to the topic - You are asking for two different things. A shirtless man is seen a LOT more than a shirtless woman. If you truly wanted to go tit-for-tat, we would need to see a lot more shirtless women.

As far as pantsless men are concerned - look at any movie that has a "hunky" guy in it made in the last 10 years. The producers take every chance they can to parade a man ass across the screen. Are we similarly obliged by having a woman ass shot? Not usually.

There is much less public acceptance to guys wearing tight clothing (e.g. polypro bottoms) or baring skin (e.g. tank tops, shorts).

Just this weekend, actually, the grandfatherly host asked me to put something over my polypro (I was wearing briefs beneath) before dinner at the Mounties Baker lodge. I don't know how many nipples or panty lines I could have counted among the women. I responded that everything else I had was wet, and when sitting at the table, I could be naked beneath, and he wouldn't notice if he didn't look. The grandmotherly host stepped in and said my attire was fine.

There is much less public acceptance to guys wearing tight clothing (e.g. polypro bottoms) or baring skin (e.g. tank tops, shorts).

Just this weekend, actually, the grandfatherly host asked me to put something over my polypro (I was wearing briefs beneath) before dinner at the Mounties Baker lodge. I don't know how many nipples or panty lines I could have counted among the women. I responded that everything else I had was wet, and when sitting at the table, I could be naked beneath, and he wouldn't notice if he didn't look. The grandmotherly host stepped in and said my attire was fine.

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif OMFG

Any survey will show you why. The % of women who find the female body attractive is a lot higher than the % of men who find the male body attractive. Add that to the obvious fact that the vast majority of men find females more attractive and that most TV marketing is towards the 18-35 male demographic and you have your answer.

More importantly the female body is art and the male body is merely utilitarian.

Just this weekend, actually, the grandfatherly host asked me to put something over my polypro (I was wearing briefs beneath) before dinner at the Mounties Baker lodge. ...

This actually had nothing to do with whether or not people wanted to know if you were circumcised. You were just plain breaking the cardinal rule: shorts over polypro. Always. If you're wearing polpro, you must be wearing shorts. Next thing you know, you'll be wanting to go without gaiters.

I think that the more nudity was accepted in pulic here stateside, the less likely we are to hear the "SHOW ME YOUR TITS!!" or the "REMOVE THE HELMETS!!" responses. We just aren't accustomed to seeing such displays of those lovely sexual organs, which in turn generates a response of some sort due to our lack of comfort. SO, what do we come up with? Gaping, staring, catcalls, yelling, incorrect and over-use of the term "baby", and my personal fave: aggressive grabbing of the crotch. I'm not saying we should stand there arms crossed & tapping the lips with your index finger as if you were taking in the latest addition at the Art Institute, i'm just amused when folks demand the full monty at every single opportunity. Not mad or angry at all, but quite amused.

On a similar note (this is spray, after all . . .): It always baffled me back in the day when, just after having a lovely night with a lady, she wouldn't let me see her naked. I mean, i wouldn't be able to imagine one part of her body that i didn't kiss/touch/whatever in the previous day, but she was completely uncomfortable being seen. This happened a couple of times, this thread just made me think of it (can't say anything about boys, i usually pass out WAY before they leave . . . . . ) What gives?!?!?!?

Moving a side thread from the photo contestizzle thread to spray... (bottom of this page)

How many times do you see tits in the media, public, etc., and how many times a cock (much less hard, vs. hard nipples)?

There's no way there has been, or currently is, parity in the public display and yowzaness of female and male nudity.

Maybe that's attributable to sexism. Maybe people don't realize that women might like to see that. Maybe women are too polite to ask. Who knows. But it's been pretty much a one-way street so far.

I'll admit, that's no reason for women to "objectify" men, and go tit for tat--two wrongs don't make a right. But it sure hasn't been equal.

That's all I'm saying.

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I do apologize for the use of the "c" word. crazy.gif

But beyond that, I maintain there's almost carte blanche to show naked women (excepting the half-time show of the Super Bowl) in the media, but it's rare to see a naked man. And movies that do get a lot of press for being "out there."

It's not a big deal, but I think it points to how we think of the different sexes--we are comfortable showing women as sexual objects in public, but not men. A feminist might say that is in line with a patriarchal society. Dunno.

I do apologize for the use of the "c" word. crazy.gif

But beyond that, I maintain there's almost carte blanche to show naked women (excepting the half-time show of the Super Bowl) in the media, but it's rare to see a naked man. And movies that do get a lot of press for being "out there."

It's not a big deal, but I think it points to how we think of the different sexes--we are comfortable showing women as sexual objects in public, but not men. A feminist might say that is in line with a patriarchal society. Dunno.

the "c" word? ugggh! please!

sorry, you see about equal portions of nude crotch shots for men and women. bare chested women AND men grace our screens every day.

i just think this whole thread is an effort on your part to stir up some measure of sexual conversation. not that i wouldn't or haven't done it. no big deal. i just think it's a waste of topic. and again, not that i haven't done it nor that it hasn't been done about a zillion times in spray.