Men over X

archenemy

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't remember my scores. they were enough to get me what i wanted.

Don't fool yourself, it was your tits. hahaha.gif

hey whatever works. nahhh--i work with people like gary. it definitely wasn't my assets. they're more interested in big scores.

I actually feel that calculators have hurt math education to an extent. There's something about being able to reason about problems intuitively and do back-of-the-envelope estimations that tends to get lost with the reliance on calculators.

either you're consciously really funny, or an uber-geek; either way, you're really funny!

Re: Napoleon Dynamite, that movie disgusts me.

Obviously, academics were a big part of my childhood, and my friends were the weirdos who were, either worshipped (by the teachers) or ostracized (by the jocks and cheerleaders) for our academics. One of my friends got a 1600 on the SAT, took it again, got another 1600, and said that now he could claim his 1600 wasn't a fluke. My senior year of high school I managed to break out of that crowd and befriend the jocks/sheerleaders.

Re: Napoleon Dynamite, that movie disgusts me.

Obviously, academics were a big part of my childhood, and my friends were the weirdos who were, either worshipped (by the teachers) or ostracized (by the jocks and cheerleaders) for our academics. One of my friends got a 1600 on the SAT, took it again, got another 1600, and said that now he could claim his 1600 wasn't a fluke. My senior year of high school I managed to break out of that crowd and befriend the jocks/sheerleaders.

hey gary,

did you think there was maybe a reason why the other kids "ostracised" you? maybe you kinda "lorded" it over them?

I hardly fell into the jocks/cheerleader group myself, but i certainly didn't resent them for their popularity...but whatever...

your posts on this board are causing the same type of reaction that you probably received in high school...but i guess that we are all just "jocks/cheerleaders" here anyway rolleyes.gif...well, i guess Marie is, but she's hot, so there you go!?!?! yelrotflmao.gif

people are people, each with their own gifts/talents etc. and each with their own shortcomings/inadequacies...comments along the lines of 99.9% of X suck compared to me are reeking of arrogance...you might as well have painted a big ass bullzeye on your ass, cuz i sure feel like kicking it...

RuMR, it's never been my intent to say you all suck. I'm somewhere i the middle. There are plenty of people who are way better than me.

I've simply been saying that I'm weird, and if I'm not with someone who's similarly weird, it could be awkward.

There's a fine line between stating the facts and chest-beating. For example, trollng for partners by saying, "I'm looking for someone who can swing leads with me on Centerfold at Index." Is that chest-beating?

gary, i think you've nailed it...take a look at how you "phrase" things...My dad has the same exact "problem" that you do...the guy's freakin' brilliant, but goddamn, he can hardly open his mouth without UNINTENTIALLY pissing someone off (usually my mom) in a condescending manner (without trying to be condescending/patronizing)...

I, on the other hand, enjoy pissing people off INTENTIALLY grin.gif

No matter what the cranial volume..... a male is a male... and will usually fuck the first thing that allows him to. As long as he is fairly sure that he won't get caught. Just admit it Gary you are a whore. Always have been.

For that matter women are usually pretty well the same

People just love to fuck and there is nothing wrong with that. Deep down we all posess a reptilian mind that makes us what we are and anything that changes that is repression. Hmmm not bad for a Friday morning I think I'll go have some breaky

Finally, the Cliff's Notes are here!!!!

Well, some of my favorite movies include Real Genius, Goodwill Hunting, and Pi.

Not Stand and Deliver? And you call yourself a math geek! hellno3d.gif

And, speaking of which, since you're such a brilliant mathemetician, why aren't you getting a PhD in math or physics, as opposed to information systems??

Oh please, computer science and information systems are different. That's like saying that math and actuarial science are the same. My PhD work relies heavily on math and physics. I prefer the applied nature of CS -- that I can produce something useful -- which isn't necessarily true of math.

Here's a quote by the late great Edsger Dijkstra:

"Programming is one of the most difficult branches of applied mathematics; the poorer mathematicians had better remain pure mathematicians."