OlegV

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dru-

What are you looking for in the weather reports before heading up? A week of temps below freezing at night? More? Daytime temps?

I finally have Environment Canada website figured out, and I'm trying to track the temps before committing to the first trip of the season.

Normally there is not climbable ice in Lillooet for a couple of weeks yet.

A week of daytime temps in Lillooet at or below 0c usually indicates climbable ice. Less than a week of cold between warm spells means the ice will be unformed. Also, lots of fresh snow will slow ice formation and lots of clear skies will speed ice formation.

BTW, which route is on the picture?

The route is called " 6 dumbasses go looking for early season ice and despite predictions that melts would have killed everything, the opposite was true and freezer shavings abounded resulting in said dumbasses bouldering the crap out a very cool glacial fragment that calved off"

Here is how you train for ice bouldering: 523160-stoopid.jpg

523160-stoopid.jpg.e7b95977f68bff56225473908bbadbe1.jpg

climbs thru the bridge river canyon are forming slowly, temps around -10 in the morning and about -5 in the afternoon over the past 2 weeks. Any forays would be sporty I'm sure. Jade falls is formed from top to bottom on the left. sorry not much of a report, but things are shaping up