Deck off Ruby's Cafe

John Frieh

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad he is ok. although he did not hit his head, wearing a helmet would not have made a difference here, it was pretty close.

i also noticed the belayer--is she trying to take up the slack? kind of hard with her hand facing up that way.

if she is not taking up slack it sure takes her a long time to lock off the belay.

let's be careful out there

Those photo's are pure hindsight, esp for the belayer. wave.gif

Thank heavens the belayer had the foresight to use a Gri-Gri, which, in hindsight, was a really good idea! wave.gif

It is quite possible that the gear never would have pulled had she not been using a GriGri.

your an idiot with no real grasp of "real world" physics happening in climbing...get fuckin' real...the gri gri had nothing to do with the pieces pulling... rolleyes.gif

It is quite possible that the gear never would have pulled had she not been using a GriGri.

Nonsense, poopy-pants! wave.gif

No one can say for sure, but the GriGri could have made the difference between an ordinary leader fall and decking.

The Catbird might be a poopy-pants, but he might also be right in this case. I don't let my belayer's use a gri-gri when I'm climbing gear routes.