Math Problem

Dru

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a little complication in Portland. You take the beltway, 205, and then you take 84 for some miles. I always get mixed up as to where to exit for the easiest connection onto 26 - is it exit 13?

Yeah, you just take the wood-something, or something-wood exit. I just look for wood. Hope this helps!

There is a little complication in Portland. You take the beltway, 205, and then you take 84 for some miles. I always get mixed up as to where to exit for the easiest connection onto 26 - is it exit 13?

It isn't the exit that determines the fastest way to 26 as much as the way you go after you get off (assuming you exit somewhere in the teens... don't take I-5 all the way to 26... slow!). I would say just take exit 17 as this gives you a chance to get the cheapest gas around (with the exception of the am/pm in sandy though that one is usually a clusterfuck). I would say fill up here regardless of where you tank is as from there it only jumps $0.20 or so all the way to redmond and back.

And don't forget! 26 from roughly Sandy to Mt Hood is a safety corridor... a.k.a. speed trap hell! Traffic fines double! Drive smart!

As far as interstate corridor vs. I-5 it depends on if you expect to hit the "seattle/tacoma/olympia rush hour clusterfuck because the locals can't get descent mass transit mess" hahaha.gifboxing_smiley.gifthe_finger.gif go the interior way as it is faster! Going the interior way does take you through Hood River which kicks the shit out of anywhere for a coffee/beer/rest stop/grab lunch/whatever stop. Hood River rockband.gifs

I'll bring homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast...?

Damn! That alone would make the trip worthwhile.

Hope you all have a great time and flash belays a grade higher than your current best.

DeC, your presence is requested. Come on down--please, please, please?

Are they open early?

like 4 or 5 am. Early enough to stop off if you need to be at TLine at 6am. I go for the sugar donuts.

Joe's is the place to eat for sure.

Also, the WOOD VILLAGE exit is the one to take off of I-84. Take a right at the stop sign and stay on that road until you get to Burnside. Take a left on Burnside and it's a straight shot over the pass. And definitely be on the lookout for cops between Sandy and Gov't Camp as mentioned earlier. Have fun wave.gif

DeC, your presence is requested.

Yeah, well, I have a standing request of myself to attend a gathering of cc.cahmers.

A few years back, I journeyed about six hundred miles to meet and climb with a number of participants of another climbing website. The "rendezvous" drew folks from far-flung corners of North America, as well as, Switzerland, and England. It was a blast; immensely entertaining to meet in person folks you've only known through the strictures of a written word medium.

Time will tell...