it's that time again! the Xth annual rope up.

minx

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, so I cut up and split a bunch of firewood on my land at Stevens Pass the last couple of days. It is about 1 minute and a half off of the highway.

Please stop and get some for the rope-up!!! I have tons of deadfall on my land and would appreciate any hauling of wood away. All the wood is dry and clean.

PM me for directions if you can pick up a few sticks.

Erik

Hey, Colin asked me:

Also, will there be any power jack to plug in a set of speakers?

And I told him ya...because I thought he meant just an AC power jack. But now I think he also could have meant a boom box that he could use. Can someone bring a boom box with aux. inputs so we're covered? There is a chance that Colin won't make it, but I'm sure you guys would like to hear his story if he does show. thumbs_up.gif

Why should I come to ropeup? I'm too busy to come just for the free beer. If the weather were better, I'd be in larch country.

If I had to choose Fri night or Sat night, which one would be better?

I'm taking a crew of kids up the west ridge of stuie friday night/Sat morning prior to showing up at ropeup. PM me if interested.

RE: the Gear exchange

I'm going to bring a simond pirhana ice tool, a pair of X-15 ice tools (one hammer one adze), a bunch of metolius TCUs, a couple of older U-stem camalots 0.5 & 0.75, and maybe a few other random widgits. Maybe a jacket or two as well. Will consider barter/cash offers.

I want a 0.5 (pink) tricam, a yates rocker, and a few more mammut skinny slings. Also looking for some nice garden gnomes and garden mirror balls. Bring em all!

I dunno, I just don't have time for that. Heck, last weekend was gorgeous and I couldn't find the time to do SF Prusik. Had to settle for a day in Darrington. Maybe I need to find someone who's driving out there Sat evening and driving back Sun morn. But then I'll by disappointed at all the time in the car that could have been spent working.

Minx (who reserved the campsite) and myself will not be arriving up at the EightMile Group campsite till later. (I can't leave Seattle till around 6:30, and minx may not even be able to make it up till Saturday.

So if you're going to be there early, I'm not sure how it works, but go ahead and setup camp. If a key is required, we'll figure out how you can get it to get in.

I'll be up there Friday night with the beer. I imagine we'll be pulling in around 9pm or so.

ALSO: the slide show will start a little after it gets dark on Saturday. Sun is setting a little before 7pm.

Lies, damn lies, weather forcasts tongue.gif

We're ten hours from the fucking fun Ropeup and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a Ropeup. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our godamn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're assholes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy Shit!

vacationstill.jpg