Macro-Media Freehand HELP!!!

Kitergal

I am about to go ballistic here. HOW does one export bullets from freehand to a PDF file? I'm working on a freak'in brochure here...and the damn bullets disappear EVERY STINKIN TIME I export it to pdf. WHY!?!?! I've tried regular bullets, dots, slashes, stars, lines, you name it and they DISAPPEAR!! WHY!! WHY WHY WHY!!!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It must have something to do with your most recent first date. yellaf.gif

Sorry, I'm an engineer, and not much help with these compooter thingies, but I couldn't resist.

PS: olyclimber and archenemy should be along anytime now to shit on your thread at my expense. Sorry about that, too. smirk.gif

Not familiar with Freehand, but I'm guessing that the problem is with your settings within Acrobat. You want your Acrobat printer driver set up to embed the fonts. If you don't embed the fonts, and the computer you're viewing it on can't find the font specified, it defaults to something close. And something close might not have the same bullets as your original font.

Boiling it down - embed your font. Not sure which version of Acrobat you're using, so I can't help you much in finding where that setting is.

If that doesn't work... well then - I guess that wasn't the problem...

I haven't worked with Freehand before, but have had issues getting documents into .pdf format to send to my advisor and ended up using something called CutePDF Writer. It's a little freeware program that shows up as printer option and prints directly to .pdf format. It's a bit slow but seems to do an OK job. Doesn't directly address the problem but it's a bit of a work-around.

Marie - hit Cntrl-shift-A to select everything in your document and then Text -> Convert to Paths. Immediately save as a different name, because this eliminates your ability to edit text - it turns all text into "shapes". Then export as a PDF. This should eliminate most font conversion problems.