layton

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the traverse... check it out. As Fred says "really alpine"

http://www.scramble.org/robert/Nooksack.htm

Nice job on the route Mike.

I think the Nooksack traverse from the tower is one of the 3 climbs that make up the Cascades Blue Collar triple crown: Nooksack Tower Traverse, Index Traverse, Jberg NE BUTT. I still have the Index traverse to do.

Excellent TR and Pictures, guys!

It was excellent to meet Ivan and throw some beers back and BS around at the Beaver afterwards. bigdrink.gifrockband.gif

Mike crushed at airhockey, obviously not getting enough aggresion out on the climb... hahaha.gif

Cheers, Mates! bigdrink.gif

wayne did some moster climb of nooksack and traverse...not sure of the exact route or summits.

some dude soloed the nf according to the register, but he stated that it was pretty over his head and he'd never do that again.

Way to stay after it Mike!

I only did the N.Ridge and the Price then the summit of Shucks, then we went out Ficher Chimnety to a bike we had parked at lake Ann. I felt lucky it was my 2nd trip to the Cascades.

Holy Shit. That kind of a TR makes me want to end the climber charade once and for all and take up something more consistent with my true nature - like decorating paint-by-numbers ceramic gnomes, or quilting or something.

Major props on all fronts. The male-bikini brief-laden, flaming-hula-hoop jumping German nihilists that made an appearance at the Smith Rope up a couple of years ago must have implanted chips that contain the complete works of Nietzche in your brains to fuel the crusade of suffering that seems to sustain you guys. When all is dark and quiet do you hear stuff like "I teach you the overman. Man is something that shall be overcome. What have you done to overcome him? All beings so far have created something beyond themselves; and do you want to be the ebb of this great flood and even go back to the beasts rather than overcome man... " echoing in your heads? It's the nihilist implants talking. Think about that the next time you're plotting the next sufferfest.

Seriously though - congrats on a fine outing.

Holy Shit. That kind of a TR makes me want to end the climber charade once and for all and take up something more consistent with my true nature - like decorating paint-by-numbers ceramic gnomes, or quilting or something.

Major props on all fronts. The male-bikini brief-laden, flaming-hula-hoop jumping German nihilists that made an appearance at the Smith Rope up a couple of years ago must have implanted chips that contain the complete works of Nietzche in your brains to fuel the crusade of suffering that seems to sustain you guys. When all is dark and quiet do you hear stuff like "I teach you the overman. Man is something that shall be overcome. What have you done to overcome him? All beings so far have created something beyond themselves; and do you want to be the ebb of this great flood and even go back to the beasts rather than overcome man... " echoing in your heads? It's the nihilist implants talking. Think about that the next time you're plotting the next sufferfest.

Seriously though - congrats on a fine outing.

More like:

-I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little

death that I must let wash over me and pass through

me, until only I will remain.

Jay - outstanding. yellaf.gif

Mike, you confuse the origin with the need. The will to overman requires the overcoming of fear, as you state.

N. has some pearls. Another N. aphorism: Tourists: they climb mountains like animals, stupid and sweating; one has forgotten to tell them that there are beautiful views on the way up.

Nice job,guys.

I think MattP and I took around 22 hours tent-to-tent. We left around 5am, started climbing around 7 or 8am, summitted around 6pm, got off rock onto snow around 9pm, switched on the headlamps, got onto the glacier around midnight, and stumbled back to the tent around 3am. It was certainly the longest day I've done. Descending the snow listening to stuff come tumbling down in the dark was one of my more scary experiences. I was glad I couldn't see the shrund below us as we downclimbed.

It's a great climb.

It was indeed a long day. That is why I've recommended bivying at the base of the route, err, I mean, a couple hundred feet below.

We were slow or late on the hike in (I don't remember) and we camped down in the trees before getting on the glacier and it cost us.