• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
EWolfe

foilboarding

has anybody on this board ever done (or even seen) this? flying would be cool ...

No. Yes. It's flying like a Hydrofoil or a hovercraft is flying. You're floating the same distance over water. Glad someone gets to make money pimping it though.

A twin foil-sail hydrofoil catamaran. I believe it, or one like it, holds the world sailing speed record (not counting sailboards, that is).

what exactly is that??

A hydrofoil. Specifically a rigid wing sailboat hydrofoil. Argh. Beat by CBS. The really weird design is the dual propellor sailboat (one for air, one for water).

what exactly is that??

A hydrofoil. Specifically a rigid wing sailboat hydrofoil. Argh. Beat by CBS. The really weird design is the dual propellor sailboat (one for air, one for water).

Foiled again? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

39.8 knots on the Hydroptère. I'd love to be aboard laugh.gif

drC

Yves you should get Thebault to hire you to fix his website. It needs work. For example, you can't get it to display in English except on the main page.

Imagine crossing the English Channel in a sailboat faster than Louis Bleriot in his airplane!

Just learn French. The site's apparent lack of a proper English version is part of a ploy to get back to the empire of the past...

drC

Just learn French. The site's apparent lack of a proper English version is part of a ploy to get back to the empire of the past...

drC

PS: cj001f, do you race around here? I don't as much as I used to in the Bay Area (I got picky wind conditions-wise, not to mention the very nice rides tongue.gif) but still like it.

PS: cj001f, do you race around here? I don't as much as I used to in the Bay Area (I got picky wind conditions-wise, not to mention the very nice rides tongue.gif) but still like it.

My "here" is now Ventura, Ca - I'm currently looking for a crew spot. Or a boat, if the price is right evils3d.gif I did more sailing in DC than PDX, but it's always fun.

What was that movie with Laird Lee riding that big off shore shit down off CA? Riding Giants? Or Step into Liquid? Anyway...he's riding a foilboard on that shiz.

Check out the film Step into Liquid, a surf flick, for info on how these were designed to surf big, choppy waves.

It's a fun movie w/lots of humorous stories, like Texans surfing infinite waves behind tankers.