Wanted - Belayer!

carolyn

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is up with this West Coast elitism. You guys think just because you have Mount Rainier that you have a monopoly on climbing? I don't get it.

nope ya don't get it. wink.gif and btw- aren't you the one who wants to climb Rainier? we don't think we have a monopoly and we're not even really slaggin on your climbs...that much

Well, I'm not talking about you minx. But a lot on this board seem to be pretty smug about what great climbers they are. I read the thread about the guys from Colorado. Sounds like you Washington state climbers were put to shame!

Well, I'm not talking about you minx. But a lot on this board seem to be pretty smug about what great climbers they are. I read the thread about the guys from Colorado. Sounds like you Washington state climbers were put to shame!

are you saying they set a NEW SPEED RECORD?????!!!!!! shocked.giffruit.gif

are you saying they set a NEW SPEED RECORD?????!!!!!! shocked.giffruit.gif

oh no!!! here we go!!!!

chaps--we're not put to shame by anyone. don't think too many people here care too much about records. records are interesting spectacles and the fodder of much debate but they're certainly not good reasons for climbing.

you don't get it. it's not about the mountains we have or the ones you don't have. it's how seriously you're taking all this banter that we find amusing.

iaxxx...just tell him you're married and he'll stop tongue.gif

More of the same from you guys. Well, some of us have a life.

No, I'm not flirting with Minx! She just seems to be one of the kind people on this site. Some of you seem like you have personal problems. I'm not sure if this Cobra Commander is even a climber. Does anyone know if this is a boy or a girl?

Hey Dipshit (I bet they don't use that word on your board) I went climbing in Yosemite with someone from Minnesota recently. I don't have a problem with folks from flatter states, but I do have a problem with delusional folks.

First off climbing hard in the gym means nothing. You might be more fit for rock climbing, but gym climbing and rock climbing are apples and oranges.

Secondly your obsession with Rainier shows that you have a sheep like brain (stay away from CPB wink.gif) Rainier is the high point in the state, but anyone who climbs for a while around here usually finds that many of the shorter peaks offer better technical challenges. Unless you get far off the beaten track climbing Rainier is little more than following a trail in the snow, staying out of crevases, and summiting when the weather is stable.

And lastly if you come out here and wear shorts over polypro everybody will be laughing at you.

Just a hint: a really good place to go if you come out here on vacation is Washington pass. Sure you wont get the golly gee wiz look from folks when you go home, but you will have done some real climbing.

Some of you seem like you have personal problems. I'm not sure if this Cobra Commander is even a climber. Does anyone know if this is a boy or a girl?

Well Co--bra, which is it?

s/he is a an almuninum/steel characture of him/herself. it's all about the metal not the gender!

Some of you seem like you have personal problems. I'm not sure if this Cobra Commander is even a climber. Does anyone know if this is a boy or a girl?

Well Co--bra, which is it?

s/he is a an almuninum/steel characture of him/herself. it's all about the metal not the gender!

Don't meddle wit dat! cantfocus.gif

i think you should go for it i mean why not im all in favor of more efficient writing with all the stupid dots and commas and capitolizations but i also think that this chaps guy should submit too he is all like heres a funky introduction of how nice i am tell you mother tell your brother send a telegram super nice and stuff another strong contender is gonna be the parable by alpinek for sure

What is up with this West Coast elitism. You guys think just because you have Mount Rainier that you have a monopoly on climbing? I don't get it.

Hey Chaps, let me repeat myself. Rainier is like 0.000000000001 % of the climbing here. Click on the links below, if you can figure that out. boxing_smiley.gif

From my earlier post:

-------------------------------------

Hey Chaps.

Mountains other than Rainier in our back yard

Sitting around and spraying...in Sqaumish

What are posters are up to, when its not raining.

Just routine climbing in the local hills.

Eat your heart out!

----------------------------------------------

Of coarse, out fo staters, especially from the middle states, arn't qualified to climb these. They need a special permit and have to graduate to shorts over poly pro and Mountaineers training.