Advice to a friend who just busted her fiancee

Thinker

Read and learn guys. Buy your fiancee a cheap ring. It will go over real well, I'm sure, and you will risk little if you f**k up. yellaf.gif

Or spend two months' salary on her just so she doesn't get pissed off and know you're engaged to someone who cares more about how much money you spend on them than how you feel about them.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, I had to skip out to a jobsite for a while this afternoon. (Damn, have you ever watched a high-tech cone penetrometer rig do it's job?...impressive with all the real time read outs of multiple parameters)

I'm not sure this is the right forum to post her photo or his personals ad...at least not yet. If he does take out the newspaper ads to try and get the ring back you can bet I'll scan and post.

Being a typical guy, I don't really listen to all the little details. I'm not sure if it was a 3 year engagement or if it's been a 3 year long relationship. I do know she did say the words "3 years" and "engagement" in our conversation.

Sucks being a guy...I always forget to ask the important questions like...is it a boy or a girl?

edit: relax guys, she's over 1500 miles from Seattle

YUP, Fuck his friends, all this ring bulllshit, who the fuck gets married any ways?? get married when yuor old and have money and want some symbolic shit otherwise WTF.

By the way the dudes a loser, if you dont like fuckin your girl then move on theres tons of hot action out there!!

I speculate there exist people who desire to learn for themselves a depth of love, understanding, and forgiveness that can usually only be discovered in a long-term monogamous relationship.

Also, I speculate that should they choose to have children, they hope their life-long example of commitment to those aforementioned intangibles will not produce in their offspring the preponderance of insecurity and worship of libido you exhibit.

Here's the real question...who's paying for the wedding?? Him? If it's him....I'd do this!! (Change the he's for she's and the him's for her's...it'll work!!)

You gotta love this guy.

This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place at Clemson University, South Carolina. It was in the local newspaper. Even Jay Leno mentioned it. It was a huge wedding with about 300 guests.

After the wedding at the reception, the groom got up on stage with a microphone to talk to the crowd. He said he wanted to thank everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them at their wedding. He especially wanted to thank the bride's and his family and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a lavish reception. As a token of his deep appreciation he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift just from him. So taped to the bottom of everyone's chair, including the wedding party, was a manila envelope. He said this was his gift to everyone, and asked them to open their envelope. Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 glossy of his bride having sex with the best man.

The groom had gotten suspicious of them weeks earlier and had hired a private detective to tail them. After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, "F--- you!". Then he turned to his bride and said, "F--- you!". Then he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said, "I'm outta here." He had the marriage annulled first thing in the morning. While most people would have canceled the wedding immediately after finding out about the affair, this guy goes through with the charade, as if nothing were wrong. His revenge - making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for a 300 guest wedding and reception, and best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of 300 friends and family members. This guy has balls the size of church bells

Duchess, I’m not saying the guy wasn’t an ass. That’s obvious!! What I’m trying to say is that the situation is certainly more complex than we’re being presented. For all we know, she’s dating too? Really, it’s entirely possible. I’m not making excuses for him, just suggesting that they seek more information and not throw everything away at once.

I don’t know about a three year engagement however? Please… get married if you wanna get married.

Hey lawgoddess, maybe, just maybe, the two of them will work through this issue? Maybe his wanting to date is a symptom of other problems that can be fixed or addressed. I’m a bit surprised the women here on cc.com are all ready to pounce. boxing_smiley.gif

As for the ring, whatever, it’s hers to keep. If you “give” something, you have to let it go. The question is, why would she keep it? Who’d want that? If this were truly “over,” just return it and say that’s it.

Here's the real question...who's paying for the wedding?? Him? If it's him....I'd do this!! (Change the he's for she's and the him's for her's...it'll work!!)

You gotta love this guy.

This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place at Clemson University, South Carolina. It was in the local newspaper. Even Jay Leno mentioned it. It was a huge wedding with about 300 guests.

After the wedding at the reception, the groom got up on stage with a microphone to talk to the crowd. He said he wanted to thank everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them at their wedding. He especially wanted to thank the bride's and his family and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a lavish reception. As a token of his deep appreciation he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift just from him. So taped to the bottom of everyone's chair, including the wedding party, was a manila envelope. He said this was his gift to everyone, and asked them to open their envelope. Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 glossy of his bride having sex with the best man.

The groom had gotten suspicious of them weeks earlier and had hired a private detective to tail them. After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, "F--- you!". Then he turned to his bride and said, "F--- you!". Then he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said, "I'm outta here." He had the marriage annulled first thing in the morning. While most people would have canceled the wedding immediately after finding out about the affair, this guy goes through with the charade, as if nothing were wrong. His revenge - making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for a 300 guest wedding and reception, and best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of 300 friends and family members. This guy has balls the size of church bells

I heard that same story with only a few details changed about 8 or 9 years ago. I suspect urban myth.